Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ostigard - Sold To Napoli 18/07/2022

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Very difficult re Leo, as clearly he wants regular football, and whilst I quite rate him and Clarke I’m not sure either of them have PL pace (but then I suppose Burn has survived).....

Don’t think he’ll be with us come August (sadly).

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Very difficult re Leo, as clearly he wants regular football, and whilst I quite rate him and Clarke I’m not sure either of them have PL pace (but then I suppose Burn has survived).....

Don’t think he’ll be with us come August (sadly).

Both Leo and Clarke are better than Burn and we may get a good offer for White which would see him move on and open up another space.

Wouldn’t rule him out yet. He’s having a fine season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Scored for Cov again. Appears a clamour for him to stay. Although #FreeLeo has not yet been doing the rounds.
[TWEET]1382787130456432642[/TWEET]
He's Coventry through and through.

I hope they let him come back.

Best solution would be new 3 year deal at Brighton and another year on loan at Coventry. Unless we lose a couple of other central defenders this summer.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
From the little I've seen of the boy, I think he's the real deal and the full package. I think we're likely to sell one central defender this summer which will leave a vacancy. The only question is whether it will be filled by Ostigard or by Clarke. In theory, it should be Clarke. Naturally left footed which would add balance. I'm not sure whether Ostigard would fancy another loan spell away from the club, but he's still only very young. It's a very strong position for us to be in with so many good players in and around the squad.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He said in The Athletic he won't sign another contract with us unless he'll be playing in the first team.
He didn't say that in the article in The Athletic.

He said “If I am going to sign a new deal for Brighton now, it will have to be because they want to play me or have a plan for me, so we will see.”

"Or have a plan for me". A 3 year deal with a year on loan seems like a plan.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
This bloke's learning his trade in the trenches at two authentic football clubs - St Pauli (Cultural hub) and Coventry City (currently) homeless with unloved owners; and he's made - and is making - an impression at both. Cov fans reckon he's been getting better and better. A resilient young Viking. His Jib is Cut in the right way. Keep.

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove
I will be surprised if we let him go just like that for free. He has a quite big potential and visibly improving. From what I've seen he has a big ego and he is quite a character, so if we get rid of him maybe that would be the reason

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He didn't say that in the article in The Athletic.

He said “If I am going to sign a new deal for Brighton now, it will have to be because they want to play me or have a plan for me, so we will see.”

"Or have a plan for me". A 3 year deal with a year on loan seems like a plan.

Yes, that’s the article I read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Interesting tweets:

‘Best loan player ever’

‘#FreeLeoØstigård’

Well done to the club with that loan, seems a massive success.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I can see him being the natural successor to Ben White when he moves on - nice position to be in with such strength in depth that we could lose a player like Ben and have Leo waiting to step up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here