Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ostigard - Sold To Napoli 18/07/2022

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Can't agree that Stoke look "dumb". Unless of course you think we look dumb because we binned off prolific Viktor Gykores because Aaron Connolly looked a player. That looked a good decision for approximately three games. Sometimes these things happen eh?

And as for our club rejecting Ian Wright who went on to score a hateful for our arch rivals before becoming Arsenal's record goalscorer, I doubt that'll ever be beaten. It made WBA's decision to let Steve Bull go to Wolves look shrewd.
Ostigard left Stoke went on loan to Napoli, who then agreed a fee of up to £10m (rumoured) based on a number of targets. Winning the Italian league may have triggered most of those, although I am not sure if he has made enough starting appearances yet.

Stoke on the other hand are languishing in the lower half of the Championship, sacked O'Neil and despite having possibly the wealthiest owners in the Championship, are not showing any signs of progressing. Borrowing a player of obvious quality for a season and then deciding not to use him, only makes sense if you make a success of things.

Gykores from memory did not set the world alight on loan at Coventry and it did appear they were unsure if they did want to keep him. He has subsequently developed into a top Championship striker. We still don't have a vacancy for a top Championship striker, as far as I am aware.

Ian Wright? Whatever!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
We might have beaten it ourselves. Didn't Roy Keane say in his autobiography that his friend Super Paul McCarthy arranged an Albion trial for him and that we subsequently cancelled it, perhaps because we couldn't afford to pay his expenses?

P.S. I like your Freudian slip of hateful instead of hatful because you had Palace in mind.
I thought he came but we only wanted Paul m because keane was too small. Might be wrong.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I thought he came but we only wanted Paul m because keane was too small. Might be wrong.
According to Keane's own biography his trial was cancelled a night or two before he was due to come over. Apparently we had some concerns over his size and that's why we decided against the trial.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Ostigard left Stoke went on loan to Napoli, who then agreed a fee of up to £10m (rumoured) based on a number of targets. Winning the Italian league may have triggered most of those, although I am not sure if he has made enough starting appearances yet.

Stoke on the other hand are languishing in the lower half of the Championship, sacked O'Neil and despite having possibly the wealthiest owners in the Championship, are not showing any signs of progressing. Borrowing a player of obvious quality for a season and then deciding not to use him, only makes sense if you make a success of things.

Gykores from memory did not set the world alight on loan at Coventry and it did appear they were unsure if they did want to keep him. He has subsequently developed into a top Championship striker. We still don't have a vacancy for a top Championship striker, as far as I am aware.

Ian Wright? Whatever!

It was actually Genoa he went on loan to.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Leo gets only his fourth start today
0:0 @HT against relegated Sampdoria
68 points separate the teams
Devastating news.

This kit isn't in Italian top flight football

1685899838932.png

That's criminal.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
What position does he play for Napoli?

(I genuinely haven’t watched them/him).
Centre back. Was qualla the few times he played for us but wanted gauranteed starts. At the time we looked great in defence so weren't too bothered about letting him go. Beginning to look a little silly now. Tbh the alarm bells should have been ringing when it was Napoli coming in for him.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Centre back. Was qualla the few times he played for us but wanted gauranteed starts. At the time we looked great in defence so weren't too bothered about letting him go. Beginning to look a little silly now. Tbh the alarm bells should have been ringing when it was Napoli coming in for him.

Which games did you see that he was quality for us? I only ask as he never played a first team game for us, not even in the cup.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
He s doing ok ,a little rash at times still finding his feet at this level , not the quickest but a fairly solid defender
Not a lot between him and JPVH in my view
Leo a little shorter height wise but still strong in the air
Rrahmani ( Kosovan )the first choice CB being out injured
has given Leo his opportunity That and Kim min Jae moving to Germany with Bayern

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
What we would do for this player now :(

Not sure what you're basing this on, seeing as he never played a game for us and has played less than 20 games for Napoli since he joined them over a year ago.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not sure what you're basing this on, seeing as he never played a game for us and has played less than 20 games for Napoli since he joined them over a year ago.
Strange.... must have been friendlies I remember him in. He had a good loan at Coventry as well.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Strange.... must have been friendlies I remember him in. He had a good loan at Coventry as well.

The only pre season football most of us are likely to have seen him play was 1 min against Getafe when he came on as a sub for Veltman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here