Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ostigard - Sold To Napoli 18/07/2022

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
and has scored. Not good enough but playing CL football with a top Italian team.
Could say the same about Colin Kazim-Richards once upon a time …

Anyway not convinced Ostigard is better than Dunk Webster or Veltman

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Could say the same about Colin Kazim-Richards once upon a time …

Anyway not convinced Ostigard is better than Dunk Webster or Veltman
You could but that's not the point of this thread and we needed the money ... Veltman and Dunk are better, not so sure about Webster as a defender. Ostigard is only going to get better as he has age on his side.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You could but that's not the point of this thread and we needed the money ... Veltman and Dunk are better, not so sure about Webster as a defender. Ostigard is only going to get better as he has age on his side.
Possibly, but the club couldn’t guarantee him game time and he wouldn’t sign a new deal.

I don’t think he’s actually played much for Napoli though, right? Odd cameo from the bench and tonight was his first start ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Possibly, but the club couldn’t guarantee him game time and he wouldn’t sign a new deal.

I don’t think he’s actually played much for Napoli though, right? Odd cameo from the bench and tonight was his first start ?
Second start, he made his debut in the 1-1 draw against Lecce in the league. This is his first champions league appearance. His only other game time was 8 mins off the bench in a league game against Cremonese.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Yes, Brighton reject scores in the Champions League!

Afterthought.....why do numbwit wankers load things in to t'internet purporting to show the goal when they do nothing of the kind?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
IMG_4404.jpeg

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I tell you who really look dumb over this one. Stoke City and Michael O'Neil.

Ostigard wasn't good enough for a starting position for Championship Stoke and had to get his loan terminated early to gety a game elsewhere. Young players have to walk a fine line between listen and learn, versus never stop believing in yourself.

It is also a lesson for armchair critics who write off young players on the basis of a loan spell, which has not gone as well as planned.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maybe but let’s not get to excited. Hasn’t Ostigard only made 6 appearances this season?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I tell you who really look dumb over this one. Stoke City and Michael O'Neil.

Ostigard wasn't good enough for a starting position for Championship Stoke and had to get his loan terminated early to gety a game elsewhere. Young players have to walk a fine line between listen and learn, versus never stop believing in yourself.

It is also a lesson for armchair critics who write off young players on the basis of a loan spell, which has not gone as well as planned.
Can't agree that Stoke look "dumb". Unless of course you think we look dumb because we binned off prolific Viktor Gykores because Aaron Connolly looked a player. That looked a good decision for approximately three games. Sometimes these things happen eh?

And as for our club rejecting Ian Wright who went on to score a hateful for our arch rivals before becoming Arsenal's record goalscorer, I doubt that'll ever be beaten. It made WBA's decision to let Steve Bull go to Wolves look shrewd.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Can't agree that Stoke look "dumb". Unless of course you think we look dumb because we binned off prolific Viktor Gykores because Aaron Connolly looked a player. That looked a good decision for approximately three games. Sometimes these things happen eh?

And as for our club rejecting Ian Wright who went on to score a hateful for our arch rivals before becoming Arsenal's record goalscorer, I doubt that'll ever be beaten. It made WBA's decision to let Steve Bull go to Wolves look shrewd.
Maybe we too look dumb for not making the most out of Chuba Akpom when he was on loan? Any fool could tell he was made to score goals... :oops:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe but let’s not get to excited. Hasn’t Ostigard only made 6 appearances this season?

Who's getting over-excited? Young player sold by Brighton gets to play in the Champions' League and wins a Serie A winner's medal - and Stoke thought he wasn't good enough for them and sent him back from a loan! That's brilliant! :lolol:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We might have beaten it ourselves. Didn't Roy Keane say in his autobiography that his friend Super Paul McCarthy arranged an Albion trial for him and that we subsequently cancelled it, perhaps because we couldn't afford to pay his expenses?

P.S. I like your Freudian slip of hateful instead of hatful because you had Palace in mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here