Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oscars 'style'

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We were VERY lucky at Forest and probably won in spite of Oscar, not because of him.

I agree, Poyet never had a plan B, i wonder sometimes now if we even have much of a plan ? pick a team and then hope for the best?

We need to go to Derby and win, we need to be brave, we need something different or we will get beat. imho and based on his brief cameos, we absolutely need to see more of CMS and KLL also (attack them) not just play defensively and sideways and go out with a whimper.

Right now OG has it in his hands to do something different to try and win the match, will he?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I agree, Poyet never had a plan B, i wonder sometimes now if we even have much of a plan ? pick a team and then hope for the best?

We need to go to Derby and win, we need to be brave, we need something different or we will get beat. imho and based on his brief cameos, we absolutely need to see more of CMS and KLL also (attack them) not just play defensively and sideways and go out with a whimper.

Right now OG has it in his hands to do something different to try and win the match, will he?

Do you mean like at Forest, where the manager's substitutions led to us winning the match?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Biggest loads of cobblers I ever did read.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Totally disagree with the OP in this case, also the use of 'top top' to describe anything...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Feel free to flame.

Our chairman loves a yes man (I.e. Oscar). We would be top two right now under poyet (that is the underling reason why people are unhappy).

We are not good enough. Derby could have scored more, looked threatening each time they attack (makes it even worse when they had one shot on target yet looked more dangerous). We probably had 65% possession and we only looked threatening for the first ten minutes. So much for this 'attacking' crap, we simply look like an ineffective side, exactly like the side in our first year in the championship.

Under Oscar we will NEVER be promoted. Not complaining just stating how it will be. Feel sorry for the guy, but at least march looks like a top top player (how does Orlandi play instead of him?!?!?). I think LONG term under Oscar we can grow to be a decent side but sadly our support will fade away after seeing the football poyet had us playing for his final 3 months.

Something doesn't feel right and I'm sure it will come out in the summer.

If you seriously believe Poyet would have got us up then you know more than he did. Didn't he leave the club as he'd said we'd hit a ceiling (which clearly meant he didn't think we were going to go further). This was before we'd had a bad summer with the whole Poyet issues and lost the most players I can remember to injuries.

Also, you clearly are complaining and "stating" suggests it's a fact, which it's not as it's an opinion.

I don't understand why people can't get behind the team. We have a massive game on Sunday where we could still leave ourselves with a Wembley final. Why start these threads now? If we lose on Sunday, you can start with all the moaning you want but why not wait until the season is over?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I have been critical of Oscar at times, I admit.

But if he can get a team into sixth place after being forced to spend large chunks of the season without our record signing (CMS), our main striker (Ulloa), our top goalscorer from midfield (Crofts), arguably our most creative midfuield player (Orlandi), our two-time player of the season (Bridcutt) and a (ahem) Premier League striker (Barnes), and all this in his first season in English football, then I, for one, although an unashamed Poyet fan, am prepared to cut him some slack.

If he gets even average luck with injuries next season and Buckley can reach half-time in any game without his hamstring twanging like John Entwistle's E string in the bass solo in My Generation, then who knows where he might take us? Judge him this time next year now that he's had a chance to see how our player recruitment works (or doesn't) and with a year's experience of the Championship under his belt.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
We were VERY lucky at Forest and probably won in spite of Oscar, not because of him.

That is such a farcical thing to claim that it's almost funny, albeit probably unintentionally.

To state the very obvious, how exactly does that reconcile with Oscar bringing on CMS who shortly afterwards was about as heavily involved in the winning goal as a man could be without actually scoring it himself?

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
I have been critical of Oscar at times, I admit.

But if he can get a team into sixth place after being forced to spend large chunks of the season without our record signing (CMS), our main striker (Ulloa), our top goalscorer from midfield (Crofts), arguably our most creative midfuield player (Orlandi), our two-time player of the season (Bridcutt) and a (ahem) Premier League striker (Barnes), and all this in his first season in English football, then I, for one, although an unashamed Poyet fan, am prepared to cut him some slack.

If he gets even average luck with injuries next season and Buckley can reach half-time in any game without his hamstring twanging like John Entwistle's E string in the bass solo in My Generation, then who knows where he might take us? Judge him this time next year now that he's had a chance to see how our player recruitment works (or doesn't) and with a year's experience of the Championship under his belt.

Spot on :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here