Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Ince has started ahead of andrews 4 times.

v Derby, the day after Andrews joined us
v Burnley, when Andrews was out of the squad with an injury
v Millwall, the first match back where there would be fitness concerns over the returning from injury Andrews
v Bolton, when Andrews was ineligible due to bolton his parent club.

So the fact is Ince has started two games, where Andrews was on the bench, so one presumes fit enough to feature???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is where you argument falls down. Who's says Ince is only in the squad because of injuries to Bridcutt and Andrews,,,You???....Because i've never heard Oscar or Jonesy say that......Exactly how many youth players did Poyet put among the 7 subs last season,,,,answer hardly any until he had no choice what so ever. Bit like when Foster-Caskey played against Saints. It was either him or Harley and Harley was getting so much stick Poyet couldn't dare pick him. Forster-Caskey played three blinders, then had a poor game against a prem team and he was never seen again...Poyet was a cock, end of.
Why the fook would they say that..

'oh yeah and we lined all the available players up and Ince was picked last, just ahead of the fat kid with his finger up his nose'.

Your argument is based on Oscar coming in looking at the squad and footage of last season then thinking this Bridcutt fella isn't up to it, I'm going to play Ince.

If you believe that to be so, then I'm out.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
his humility, respect, and cálm demeanour, keep making me shake my head in disbelief - because i see him as some Taoist Master....and not a football manager.

i may soon think he was born to lead the albion into Europe - but that is romantic projection.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Why the fook would they say that..

'oh yeah and we lined all the available players up and Ince was picked last, just ahead of the fat kid with his finger up his nose'.

Your argument is based on Oscar coming in looking at the squad and footage of last season then thinking this Bridcutt fella isn't up to it, I'm going to play Ince.

If you believe that to be so, then I'm out.

I say again, what the **** has Bridcutt got to do with anything??? He is not available for selection so not part of the argument. Please go back and highlight the part where I have said Ince is better than Bridcutt or would play ahead of him..For the record I think Andrews is better than both of them, but this still doesn't change the fact my original comment was praising Garcia for giving youth a chance to prove themselves....Jesus I can't even praise someone without getting grief from some on here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I say again, what the **** has Bridcutt got to do with anything??? He is not available for selection so not part of the argument. Please go back and highlight the part where I have said Ince is better than Bridcutt or would play ahead of him..For the record I think Andrews is better than both of them, but this still doesn't change the fact my original comment was praising Garcia for giving youth a chance to prove themselves....Jesus I can't even praise someone without getting grief from some on here.
If Bridcutt was available this season Ince wouldn't have played.

Oh and for the record praising Garcia or sticking the knife into Poyet, it's hard to tell the difference.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Seven of JFC's appearance were in the late stages of the season. 4 of those appearances, JFC was picked and Vicente was not. Vicente has claimed he was fit to play since christmas and nasty Gus Poyet kept him out.

Is Vicente lying about Gus and Poyet only played JFC because he had no choice, or has Gus chosen to put JFC on the bench ahead of fit Vicente?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seven of JFC's appearance were in the late stages of the season. 4 of those appearances, JFC was picked and Vicente was not. Vicente has claimed he was fit to play since christmas and nast Gus Poyet kept him out.

Is Vicente lying about Gus and Poyet only played JFC because he had no choice, or has Gus chosen to put JFC on the bench ahead of fit Vicente?
We need to walk away Acker, there are forces at work here that could undermine the whole universe.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The only time Poyet put youth on the bench was when he had little or no choice. That is not re writing history, that is a fact.

Don't you see this is also the crux of your argument with Stat.

You're arguing that Oscar has chosen to give youth these chances. Stat is saying it's really the result of injuries and a lack of options. If andrews or Bridcutt were fully fit they would be picked ahead of ince.

Which is the same thing with you saying Gus only picked youth players 30+ times over the season because he had so many injuries/suspensions and had no option.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Great thread & I love the way Oscar has gone about his work with quiet authority! The most improved player under OG is definitely Calderon who has been a revelation recently.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ince & JFC couldn't even get on a 7 man bench under Poyet. Now they are first team regulars. Did they really improve that much over the close season??? Garcia is a real manager, who gives youth a chance. If your good enough, you play simple. No agenda's like Poyet, just look at Crofts and will Poyet's number 1 man Bridcutt even get into a Garcia side, they way he wants to get the ball forward quicker???

JFC played 2 consecutive games...first team regular?..When Bridcutt and Orlandi are fit...Andrews allowed to play..CMS around...wonder if they will get on the bench? (i would say i thought JFC had a sound game against Reading...and Ince has been a revelation)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Don't you see this is also the crux of your argument with Stat.

You're arguing that Oscar has chosen to give youth this start. Stat is saying it's really the result of injuries and a lack of options. If andrews or Bridcutt were fully fit they would be picked ahead of ince.

Which is the same thing with you saying Gus only picked youth players 30+ times over the season because he had so many injuries/suspensions and had no option.

Best not let facts get in the way of a good argument

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If Bridcutt was available this season Ince wouldn't have played.

Oh and for the record praising Garcia or sticking the knife into Poyet, it's hard to tell the difference.

Says you??? We will see, but I think time will tell that Bridcutt may not feature as much as some on here would like to believe. Neither will Barnes once Cms is back and up to speed. I don't think Bridcutt fits into the way Garcia wants to play and I think he would have been sold in August, had he not been injured. Releasing funds for us to make other signings.......and before you start, that is not slagging Bridcutt, that is just how I see it. Bit like Mata not fitting into Chelsea's new regime. Great player, wrong manager....We will see.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I don't think there is any reason why we can't play Bridcutt, Andrews AND Ince at the same time. Andrews averaged nearly a goal every two games for Ipswich a few seasons back, I reckon he could definitely suit a more attacking role. Quality players can always play together.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So the fact is Ince has started two games, where Andrews was on the bench, so one presumes fit enough to feature???

Orlandi was on the bench against Millwall...and only able to do a quick cameo ...next minute has an op...so featuring and able to start maybe 2 different things

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
JFC played 2 consecutive games...first team regular?..When Bridcutt and Orlandi are fit...Andrews allowed to play..CMS around...wonder if they will get on the bench? (i would say i thought JFC had a sound game against Reading...and Ince has been a revelation)

When everyone is fit, I don't think they will start Lamie, but they will be on the bench and they will get some game time. And I do honestly believe that if their form warrants it, then they will start and keep the shirt and that's they way it should be.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't think there is any reason why we can't play Bridcutt, Andrews AND Ince at the same time. Andrews averaged nearly a goal every two games for Ipswich a few seasons back, I reckon he could definitely suit a more attacking role. Quality players can always play together.

Do you not think Crofts deserves his place in the centre on current form...and if you add those three...would u not think u have four players too similar?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Agree with all of that. OG is a braver manager too with substitutions if Saturday is anything to go by too.
Definitely this, was so pleased against Reading to see attacking subs brought on to try and win the game rather than playing for the draw.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
When everyone is fit, I don't think they will start Lamie, but they will be on the bench and they will get some game time. And I do honestly believe that if their form warrants it, then they will start and keep the shirt and that's they way it should be.

well...both in a way are like us having signed a couple of new players and gives us much better strength in depth (in midfield)...but early days especially for Ince (i do like the way he is shaping up)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Oscar continues to improve us as he has it won't be long before bigger teams will be eyeing him up. Premier and La Liga. We could go from a manager who touted himself at every opportunity but never got the jobs he wanted to one who just gets on with the job and finds himself in demand. Could we hold onto him in that situation? Managers like players have their price..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
way you go, Lamie, good luck young warrior

DOWNSWEE.GIF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here