Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Pistorius

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Apparently, the only thing that Mr Dixon was supposed to do was test the prosthetic to see if there was wood varnish from the door on it. All he did was test the door and he has not brought the piece of door that he tested into court! Quite why the defence have allowed him to testimony on all this other stuff is beyond belief.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The theory that he chased he into the toilet with a gun doesn't stack up either. The experts have said that she was facing the door when she was first hit. If she was in fear of being shot she would've hid in the bath or at least away from the door, it's a big bathroom so it wouldn't have been difficult to get out of the way.

No, the prosecution have suggested that the reason she was up against the door is that she was in discussion/arguing/screaming with OP when she was shot. That is what they are inferring.

If you look at the plans, she was in the toilet which was a small room within the bathroom. This wc room had the toilet with about 1m in front of it only and is probably only 1m wide. The bathroom is a bigger open plan room beyond the room she was in.

However, your point stands for both versions in that the prosecution are also saying that in OP's version she must have been terrified of intruders as otherwise she would have called out to Oscar or spoke to him. There is therefore the other question within OP's version of why she was stood by the door if she must have thought intruders were in the house threatening them, baring in mind OP is saying he was shouting 'get the f out of my house' repeatedly, which she would surely have heard coming closer to her.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Apparently, the only thing that Mr Dixon was supposed to do was test the prosthetic to see if there was wood varnish from the door on it. All he did was test the door and he has not brought the piece of door that he tested into court! Quite why the defence have allowed him to testimony on all this other stuff is beyond belief.

Sounds like he must have been on an hourly rate!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The scenario that seems most likely to me is that of a row or argument. Reeva hides in the toilet to escape a crazed Oscar, be tries to beat the door down with a cricket bat, he then gets his gun and tries to shoot the lock. He then picks up his cricket bat and breaks through the door. I do not believe he intended to shoot Reeva but I do believe in the split seconds he pulled the trigger and aimed at the lock, he did not care if the bullets hit her or not. Oscar's temper and lust for guns caused this tragic affair.

If you have a gun and take part in an armed robbery, and you end up shooting and killing someone in a panic. Even if you only intended to use the gun to scare someone and not kill them, it is murder.

I am sure that the in the majority of murders, people would say they didn't mean to kill anyone.

When I was at school I knew another pupil whose dad killed his mum because he found out about her having an affair. He pleaded guilty on the grounds of diminished responsibility, crime of passion, and got three years in an open prison, I think he was released in two years.

As for Oscar, arming himself with a gun during a row, and making Reeva fear for her life, he deserves a lot of time in prison just for that, even if she didn't die.

What does shock me is all those stupid women waiting outside court giving him flowers and hugs :shrug:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
More dismantling of Dixon's testimony. He has confirmed that his version is that Reeva fell onto the magazine rack, Oscar's version is that she was not on the magazine rack when he went into toilet. So that is of no help whatsoever to Oscar's case. Dixon also went to do a "test" of the light in the bedroom when the curtains are closed, but as he went to do this during the day, it is a rather pointless test, which Nel is picking apart right now.

I think we can assume that there is very little, if any, of his testimony that is worthwhile. The opinion of many is that his testimony is hurting Oscar more than helping, as these "tests" were so unscientific and unprofessional that, if this is the best the defence can come up with, they are really struggling.

Even down to details I would think of, like if I was going to take a photo to show if OP could be seen from outside, I wouldn't just get someone to stand on their knees, I'd make exactly sure they would be the same height OP would be. What is the point of a contextual photo if the person on their knees is 20cm shorter!? Incredible lack of precision by a so called scientist.

The whole light tests. You would surely expect someone with a lux level meter telling you exactly what the light levels were on a similar night. 10lumens by the bed, 20lumens in the passage. All we have from Dixon is, I could see my hand in front of me, or I could see the bed and other things. Nel really went for him when he just said 'other things'. This is someone who is prosecuting on every single detail and he has an expert who refers to a crime scene as 'other things'.

Some of what Dixon is saying might well be true, but a court in a murder trial surely this has to be presented with scientific methodology and data, not just someone making observations, assumptions and judgements. Would be interesting to know how many experts they went through before they got to one willing to say what they needed to be said. Dixon was only appointed in mid February.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

It is certainly beyond belief! He is Mr Bean. The Geologist must be secretly working for the prosecution..............

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
What does shock me is all those stupid women waiting outside court giving him flowers and hugs :shrug:

I am led to believe that Oscar has a new girlfriend, 19 years old. That to me is just a shocking. All I can say is that many people believe him totally and will not hear anything against him - hence the referral by someone of Mr Nel to the court of human rights regarding his cross-exam of Oscar for calling him a liar (the court of human rights have said that there is no case to answer for Nel http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/hrc-rejects-complaint-against-nel-1.1676397#.U0-iM1WSyig), and these people standing outside court. Oscar is a hero to them and I would imagine will continue to be so no matter what.

"Fame, fame, fatal fame. It can play hideous tricks on the brain"

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I am led to believe that Oscar has a new girlfriend, 19 years old. That to me is just a shocking. All I can say is that many people believe him totally and will not hear anything against him - hence the referral by someone of Mr Nel to the court of human rights regarding his cross-exam of Oscar for calling him a liar (the court of human rights have said that there is no case to answer for Nel http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/hrc-rejects-complaint-against-nel-1.1676397#.U0-iM1WSyig), and these people standing outside court. Oscar is a hero to them and I would imagine will continue to be so no matter what.

"Fame, fame, fatal fame. It can play hideous tricks on the brain"

Yep murderers get love mail from women when they are in prison and even marry them, even when on death row.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Dixon testifies that the angle a bullet goes through a door does have an effect on the splintering of the wood, yet he did not measure the angle of the bullets on his tests! Bonkers.

Nel has finished now - how will Roux try to rescue this?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
At one point this morning, Dixon said when answering a question "memory is a fleeting thing" but then later on said that he does not write reports as he prefers to use his memory! He does himself no favours whatsoever!

Roux only asks a couple of questions in re-examination.

Court is now adjourned until the 5th May. They will bring an application then to extend the court hours to try to make up some time, but that is dependent upon the court staff agreeing.

So now, we can concentrate on the important matter of Brighton & Hove Albion's quest to secure their place in the play off's.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
At one point this morning, Dixon said when answering a question "memory is a fleeting thing" but then later on said that he does not write reports as he prefers to use his memory! He does himself no favours whatsoever!

Roux only asks a couple of questions in re-examination.

Court is now adjourned until the 5th May. They will bring an application then to extend the court hours to try to make up some time, but that is dependent upon the court staff agreeing.

So now, we can concentrate on the important matter of Brighton & Hove Albion's quest to secure their place in the play off's.

They say it'll be August when the court reaches its verdict. Rather slow over there aren't they :(

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Don't know, not very. Quite a common thing is for burglars to send kids in first who will then let them in. Nel made a passing reference to this when he said to Oscar that it could have been a child in the toilet.

Well observed. Never known Burglars to target an upstairs window before. Always downstairs, Lever the patio doors, or windows. Look forward to your updates when court resumes.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
They say it'll be August when the court reaches its verdict. Rather slow over there aren't they :(

I understand that this one of the longest cases in SA criminal history. They are usually done and dusted by now - it was originally envisioned that this case would take 4 weeks max.

Defence reckon they will finished on the 16th. Then they will sum up (no idea when that will take place or how long it will take) and then the judge will go away and deliberate. I don't think it will be August, but you never know.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
2e2mijl.jpg

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
We are back. Defence called Johan Stander, who was the first person Oscar phoned after the incident. He has not really added anything substantial, other than describing some crimes that took place on the estate (he was on the management committee), but Nel has confirmed that these took place a long time before this (2009) and that security has been beefed up since then. Nel had a go at him because he said that Oscar made a mistake, but Nel pointed out that this was an inference that Stander had made a not something that Oscar had said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here