Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Pistorius

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Brilliant start.

Nel "You keep saying you made a mistake. You shot and killed Reeva Steenkamp. Why don't you just say Yes, I killed Reeva Steenkamp. take responsibility for it"
Oscar, after lots of "I made a mistake", says "Yes, I did".

Other good stuff followed by

N:"Do you know what a Zombie Stopper is?"
O: "No"
N: "So if I showed you a video from Sky News of you shooting a gun and the term Zombie Stoppers is used, you would not recognise it?"
O: "No, I would not, but I would like to see it"
N: "Good, let's show it to you"

Roux: "he cannot introduce evidence not in the states case"
Nel: "the accused asked to see it!"
Court adjourned whilst lots of legal wrangling going on.

Cue the worlds press watching video on You Tube!

and here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VWDIlSMTMc

All of this happened after Nel had asked Oscar about his religious beliefs and got Oscar to say that he was there to tell the truth as "he owed it to himself and Reeva" (Oscars's words).

So the answer to his next question, the Zombie Stopper one, looks like a lie!

Last edited:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I didn't realise he lost his mum when he was just 15!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
SA have paid for it evidently.

Back to Oscar:

Roux: "Did you intend to kill Reeva?"
Oscar: "No I did not, nor anyone else for that matter"

So shooting 4 shots blindly through a toilet door is not intending to kill someone? He is insane.

Cross examination has started.

Another question might be "why do you think she locked the door?"

They're in the house alone, she's got up for a toilet in the night, why would she lock the door? What possible reason would a loving couple have for locking an en-suite toilet door in the privacy of their own bedroom suite!?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

They're in the house alone, she's got up for a toilet in the night, why would she lock the door? What possible reason would a loving couple have for locking an en-suite toilet door in the privacy of their own bedroom suite!?

Maybe her number 2's were that bad?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
OK. Court came back. Video was allowed by the defence on certain stipulations which prosecution agreed to. Court shown video. Oscar had seen video before, so Nel has already shown him to be a liar.

Nel then compared the shooting of the watermelon to what happened to Reeva's head. Nel asked him to look at a picture of Reeva's head, which was shown on the TV. Oscar did not want to look but got very upset, said that he did not need to look because he was there and that he had touched her head. Defence objected on the grounds that it was unfair to comapre Reeva's head with the watermelon, judge agreed, Nel moved on. Then Nel asked for another adjournment as OP very upset.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Despite him claiming he was calling out for her to call the police I still cannot fathom how he got out of bed, successfully searched for his gun in the dark and made it down a hallway yet still did not realise his girlfriend was not in the bed next to him.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007

Indeed. Oscar testified yesterday that when he was shouting for the intruders to get out he heard the toilet door slam! Why did she slam the door and not respond to his cries? That will be very pertinent.

Oscar also said yesterday that he ran along the passage on his stumps to the bathroom whilst shouting. Today he says he can hardly walk on his stumps. Which is it?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
The whole world has now seen Reeva's head which is precisely what Nel wanted to achieve. This guy is VERY clever. Oscar has already got cross with him and they have only been at it for 25 minutes! The only problem with Gerrie Nel is that it appears that the Judge maybe starting to get a little irritated by him.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Indeed. Oscar testified yesterday that when he was shouting for the intruders to get out he heard the toilet door slam! Why did she slam the door and not respond to his cries? That will be very pertinent.

Oscar also said yesterday that he ran along the passage on his stumps to the bathroom whilst shouting. Today he says he can hardly walk on his stumps. Which is it?

Yep, he said he was yelling to Reeva to get down and then was yelling at her to phone the police. He basically did a lot of yelling without any reply from her before he shot through the door.

Another thing that is strange, was going to bed at 8pm on Valentine’s Day and there was no mention of any loving intimacy. I’m not talking about sex, just that there was no mention of any caring contact.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Yep, he said he was yelling to Reeva to get down and then was yelling at her to phone the police. He basically did a lot of yelling without any reply from her before he shot through the door.

Another thing that is strange, was going to bed at 8pm on Valentine’s Day and there was no mention of any loving intimacy. I’m not talking about sex, just that there was no mention of any caring contact.

Well indeed. Oscar went to sleep at about 9pm. Reeva didn't. He told Reeva to bring the fans in and close the balcony door when she was going to sleep. What was Reeva doing after he went to sleep? When did she go to sleep? It's not something that I or my wife have ever done (stay in the bedroom awake, whilst the other one is sleeping), but I suppose other couples do, but it was not sort of thing that people in the early throws on a relationship would normally do, I would suggest. I dunno, I think he is just odd in the extreme and mentally imbalanced.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well indeed. Oscar went to sleep at about 9pm. Reeva didn't. He told Reeva to bring the fans in and close the balcony door when she was going to sleep. What was Reeva doing after he went to sleep? When did she go to sleep? It's not something that I or my wife have ever done (stay in the bedroom awake, whilst the other one is sleeping), but I suppose other couples do, but it was not sort of thing that people in the early throws on a relationship would normally do, I would suggest. I dunno, I think he is just odd in the extreme and mentally imbalanced.
No shit :lolol:

Thanks for the updates, we're getting drips and drabs here, much like the missing airline. I'm guessing its wall to wall coverage in SA?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Despite him claiming he was calling out for her to call the police I still cannot fathom how he got out of bed, successfully searched for his gun in the dark and made it down a hallway yet still did not realise his girlfriend was not in the bed next to him.

...and, don't you think if you got up in the night, armed yourself because you were being burgled, you might just consider it a minimum requirement to let your partner know of the imminent danger. For Gods sake my Mrs wakes me up if there's possibly a spider somewhere in Sussex !

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oscar is all over the place. His own counsel is panicking at his clients answers now. This could could be over today at this rate.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
That was very interesting. Nel got very picky about where he plugged in the second fan because a picture showed that he couldn't have plugged it in next to the bed because all the 2 pin sockets were full (ie trying to find a lie in his story). This went on for a while.

Then suddenly, he picks upon his bail application in which OP described the shooting as an accident. He was trying to get OP to tell the difference between deliberately firing at the door and the gun going off accidentally. OP kept reciting his story without answering the question, which Nel was getting very fed up with. OP did admit firing the gun, but it was "an accident". Nel asked him if he was not answering his questions because he was worried about the implication of his answer. Oscar said that he is worried about the implication of all of his answers as his life was on the line. Nel took the opportunity to remind OP that Reeva cannot do that as he shot her!

Anyway, OP said his finger was on the trigger and he fired the gun at the door 4 times. Quite how he thinks that is accidental is beyond me, but Nel had not really got to the bottom of it, when he decided to leave it there for the day. So OP is now going to spend all night worrying about what he has to say in the morning as I have no doubt Nel will carry on with this line of questioning tomorrow morning.

But Nel is tying OP up in knots and Roux is also getting confused - he objected to something that Nel said that OP had said, saying that OP had not said that. The Judge said that she was not sure what Roux was objecting to as by her own notes, Nel was quoting OP correctly! OP is sticking to his version and not answering direct questions. All his answers are rambles about his version of events. Nel keeps telling him to answer the question asked as not doing so looks bad for him. But slowly, Nel is picking holes and will continue to pick holes for days, I would imagine. But all the fireworks were this morning with the Zombie Stopper video, the watermelon and the picture of Reeva's head.

Interestingly, I am led to believe that Nel has never lost a case that Roux has defended.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
No shit :lolol:

Thanks for the updates, we're getting drips and drabs here, much like the missing airline. I'm guessing its wall to wall coverage in SA?

:)

Yup - we have a whole new channel dedicated to it, with some interesting lawyers being asked questions in the studio. One defence lawyer pretty much admitted this morning that he would not like to face Nel in court, so that's lost him a load of work!

But if they show it on Sky, which I am sure they will, watch for the bit with the video from this morning. That was very clever.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That was very interesting. Nel got very picky about where he plugged in the second fan because a picture showed that he couldn't have plugged it in next to the bed because all the 2 pin sockets were full (ie trying to find a lie in his story). This went on for a while.

Then suddenly, he picks upon his bail application in which OP described the shooting as an accident. He was trying to get OP to tell the difference between deliberately firing at the door and the gun going off accidentally. OP kept reciting his story without answering the question, which Nel was getting very fed up with. OP did admit firing the gun, but it was "an accident". Nel asked him if he was not answering his questions because he was worried about the implication of his answer. Oscar said that he is worried about the implication of all of his answers as his life was on the line. Nel took the opportunity to remind OP that Reeva cannot do that as he shot her!

Anyway, OP said his finger was on the trigger and he fired the gun at the door 4 times. Quite how he thinks that is accidental is beyond me, but Nel had not really got to the bottom of it, when he decided to leave it there for the day. So OP is now going to spend all night worrying about what he has to say in the morning as I have no doubt Nel will carry on with this line of questioning tomorrow morning.

But Nel is tying OP up in knots and Roux is also getting confused - he objected to something that Nel said that OP had said, saying that OP had not said that. The Judge said that she was not sure what Roux was objecting to as by her own notes, Nel was quoting OP correctly! OP is sticking to his version and not answering direct questions. All his answers are rambles about his version of events. Nel keeps telling him to answer the question asked as not doing so looks bad for him. But slowly, Nel is picking holes and will continue to pick holes for days, I would imagine. But all the fireworks were this morning with the Zombie Stopper video, the watermelon and the picture of Reeva's head.

Interestingly, I am led to believe that Nel has never lost a case that Roux has defended.

Roux panicked and I think objected simply to stop OP saying anything more. Nel appears to be in complete control. OP rambling on is playing completely into the prosecutions hands. I think we all realise nothing in OP's story makes any sense, but Nel is going to unpick it thread by thread anyway until there is nothing left but a lengthy jail term and a sobbing murderer in the dock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here