Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar interview

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I had a listen and I think the 'nearly joined as a player' might be a misunderstanding. Of course it may be correct but the way Oscar didn't quite answer the follow up question as expected makes me think he just phrased his previous answer wrong. Maybe meaning something along the lines of "If I was still a player, I might have wanted to sign here now".

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Anyway, i think Oscar is pleased to join the club, he can see the potential, and i think we are lucky to get him as well.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
OMG OG
So looking forward to next season what a good interview, hopefully we can actual win a game from a goal down this season.

I know people harp on about winning from a goal down and no plan B with Gus, but let'see if we can win as many as we did last season in any scenario. We may realise that last season was pretty darned good, and you can't win them all. We only missed out by 4 points after all.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I know people harp on about winning from a goal down and no plan B with Gus, but let'see if we can win as many as we did last season in any scenario. We may realise that last season was pretty darned good, and you can't win them all. We only missed out by 4 points after all.

Quite. Last year was pretty good - but maybe this year will be even better.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not as charismatic as Gus but I'm ready for a low key slightly dour manager when interviewed. Let's enjoy him whilst he's here, I can't see him staying anywhere near as long as Gus if he is as good as I feel he might be. I get the feeling TB may have pulled off a real coup here.

As an aside how animated is he from the dugout? Will he entertain the West Stand with his antics or is he as calm and considered there as he seems to be when interviewed?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Not as charismatic as Gus but I'm ready for a low key slightly dour manager when interviewed. Let's enjoy him whilst he's here, I can't see him staying anywhere near as long as Gus if he is as good as I feel he might be. I get the feeling TB may have pulled off a real coup here.

As an aside how animated is he from the dugout? Will he entertain the West Stand with his antics or is he as calm and considered there as he seems to be when interviewed?

I think his actions on the touchline are simple and precise, no fancy stuff just straight to the point.

He can certainly celebrate though!

26k8r.gif

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I had a listen and I think the 'nearly joined as a player' might be a misunderstanding. Of course it may be correct but the way Oscar didn't quite answer the follow up question as expected makes me think he just phrased his previous answer wrong. Maybe meaning something along the lines of "If I was still a player, I might have wanted to sign here now".

But he did say from that moment he started taking notice of Brighton.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Indeed. I can see a lot of "We would not have lost that game under Gus" comments coming. Hopefully that means we'll win a few that we would have drawn under him.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A nice guy, Oscar. Not madly animated, Jones out there rattishly squeaking instructions and encouragements from the sideline, but he's there to observe as much as to coerce at present, so I'm sure he'll go mental over something in due course, when we feel his. Doesn't appear ego-mad though, so I would expect respect to be a key ingredient to his management and our ethos.

Personally, I want us to now sign a good number of the Gijon lot. Class and endeavourous, if misfiring up front. A few signings should have us restrengthened though, and enable some thoroughbred tikataka magic in with the warrior mentality I heard Oscar give us credit for.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Ees complicated has been replaced by E as feeelings

His style of play is to please the fans as they pay to come and see good football also to keep the ball and make the opposition adapt to our game.

Spends a lot of time talking about making the fans happy with how his team plays.

I like this fella a lot already.

Indeed, a little humility and modesty goes a long way.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent

That seems a correct interpretation. I can't imagine Russell Slade would have approached him somehow. I like OG's calm style. I hope it all translates into an exciting and successful season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Very impressed. Calm and considered. Putting the fans high on the priority list. Humble. Really looking forward to New season now.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
What a smashing interview. He comes across as a top guy and I'm really looking forward to the new season under OG. We don't really know quite what to expect at this stage so I can't wait for that first game.

It's ironic, isn't it, that Gus always seemed to believe that he was too big for us, but it now seems that it was Gus who wasn't big enough for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here