Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Indeed, people who lie about their mother passing away in order to gain sympathy would be out on their ear.
Do explain…?!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Gus after more than 3 seasons lets the club know he's dissatisfied and would like to leave at the end of the season, Oscar does the same after 7 months - Gus reasons that we had hit the ceiling in terms of player investment, Oscar the same - both fail in their respective playoff games.

One manager is waved goodbye with best wishes, the other sacked.

It's a strange old game.
Woah! That's not what Oscar did.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I though Oscar left because he was dealing with some serious family issues (we didn't know at the time) His daughter was diagnosed with a brain tumour in 2014 and sadly passed away 8 years later at 21 years old.

I can't imagine how awful that would have been and explains his flakiness when it came to keeping jobs around this time.

I can only offer him and his family my greatest sympathy, so sad

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I though Oscar left because he was dealing with some serious family issues (we didn't know at the time) His daughter was diagnosed with a brain tumour in 2014 and sadly passed away 8 years later at 21 years old.

I can't imagine how awful that would have been and explains his flakiness when it came to keeping jobs around this time.

I can only offer him and his family my greatest sympathy, so sad
Correct. And never mentioned it publicly at all - all the while the media were presenting this image of a flaky manager who couldn't settle / commit anywhere.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Meh, he probably only came for the free Sangria...

Top bloke and played an important, if unassuming, role in the progress of the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here