Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
He didn't though, he told Bloom he was off after the poor January transfer window when we sold Barnes and didn't add to the squad. He didn't see the situation changing in the immediate future.

Gus after more than 3 seasons lets the club know he's dissatisfied and would like to leave at the end of the season, Oscar does the same after 7 months - Gus reasons that we had hit the ceiling in terms of player investment, Oscar the same - both fail in their respective playoff games.

One manager is waved goodbye with best wishes, the other sacked.

It's a strange old game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gus after more than 3 seasons lets the club know he's dissatisfied and would like to leave at the end of the season, Oscar does the same after 7 months - Gus reasons that we had hit the ceiling in terms of player investment, Oscar the same - both fail in their respective playoff games.

It's a strange old game.

Bloom and Barber cocked up by insisting that Burke chose the players? In retrospect they both had every reason to want out. One did it throwing his toys out of the pram, the other quit with dignity.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

That's because, in spite of all the speculation and surmising, none of us (and I mean none of us) really know all the ins & outs of what went on between each of them and the club.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

It's a strange old game.

It wasn't Oscar's team and he didn't get any investment. Gus's problem was promising certain players that he would take them with him if he left.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
They should give out an award to people that exemplify a spirit such as this. They should name it after Garcia-----the Garcias award. Or maybe.............the Oscars?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Chickens?[emoji214]

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Can he play in Midfield as our box to box player...... its ok for him to wish us luck but come on Oscar get yer boots on

Yes. He can talk the talk but can he walk the walk?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I have a lot of time for OG, glad that he still keeps an eye on us and visits when he can.
Me too. It's remarkable really how many former Abion managers, players too, look back, years later at their time with the club with pride and affection.

Several of them in fact move back to Sussex after retirement from the game.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Me too. It's remarkable really how many former Abion managers, players too, look back, years later at their time with the club with pride and affection.

I think it says a lot about how the club is run as well, and perhaps that there is some substance to the oft-suggested "no dickheads" policy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here