Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OSCAR GARCIA wants to replace Mauricio Pochettino

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I want to replace Pochettino too. Sounds like a laugh. But wanting to doesn't mean I've got any chance.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I have thought long and hard about the decision to start the second leg at Derby in a defensive frame of mind and I still can't get my head around it. It defies belief that the single most important game in our season should be treated with such indifference and timidity.
It is alarming that no lessons appeared to have been learnt from the away game at Leicester. That was a ' shit or bust ' game and defeat would have resigned us to a certain place outside the top six. On the night, we were positive from the start, even allowing for Leicester being slightly ' hungover ' Tactics and formation were spot on and the resounding victory gave us the platform to push for sixth place.
Who made the decision to throw off the defensive shackles at Leicester? If it was OG, then why the hell didn't he do the same at Derby? If it was other members of the management team, then why the hell weren't they able to persuade OG to employ the same tactics at Derby? The game was screaming out for changes at half-time, to try and throw Derby off their rhythm but sadly, they were delayed long enough for Derby to increase their lead.
The whole management team were to blame. A five year old could have told you what was needed but they chose to ignore the bleeding obvious and try and hold out for 0-0 as long as possible. It was appalling mis-management and calls into question the judgement of all involved on the day.
We would have forgiven perishing on the sword of attacking football but to suffer the heaviest defeat of the season and go out with a whimper was embarrassing and humiliating.
Similarly to Gus, OG has finished poorly and to suggest that a man as inexperienced as him could manage in the PL is nonsense. He needs to go away ( maybe Spain ) and rethink his footballing ethos and strategy. We are all confused by his inconsistency and remain to be convinced that this man is one of the really great coaches of the future.

To some extent I agree but I think one of his worst decisions was playing Buckley in the 2nd leg which could be argued was an attacking move. There was NEVER any way Buckley was going to be fit enough after going off injured 3 days before. I wish he'd either started Kaz or better still Solly who was fit (I assume) and ready to give it a go. I doubt it would have made any difference given how strong Derby were but at the time I couldn't fathom why he risked Bucks.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
How exactly can you know this? Unless you are Oscar Garcia himself?

Is it only Oscar Garcia who knows Oscar Garcia's movements then? You don't perhaps think there might be other people who do as well?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is it only Oscar Garcia who knows Oscar Garcia's movements then? You don't perhaps think there might be other people who do as well?

Mrs Garcia knows about his movements and remedies the foul odours in the toilet with a burst of air freshener :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here