Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia to Watford

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I would suspect that if you support him in the transfer market and buy HIS players then you will do well.

I would have loved to see him have another season at us with a strengthened squad

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I will give you last season but the previous season we were 3 wins away from automatic promotion I dont call that luck.

They were both more than similar in their style of play though you have to admit.
Obviously the reason we more or less have a completely new team I believe is because Mr Bloom etc have realised the style
of football being played is really not conducive to the Championship, to be honest it's more conducive to the
Premier League.
Which is why we now have a manager who's style is totally different from the last two.
Tippy tappy footy does not work in the Championship it's a kick and thump your way out division.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Oscar did a good job while he was here. He did say that he liked fast attacking football. We did no see this, but I am not sure we had the players to do what he want and he adjusted to make us hard to beat. I did not want him to leave, I was hopping that he would get the players in that would allow him to play as he wanted. So who knows how it would have worked out. Being honest the football we have played this season is far more exciting to watch. I don't know if position wise we will do as well at the end of the season, but I prefer this way of playing.

The only thing I find odd about him is he does not seem to have the ability to know what he wants. Does not stay any where more then a year. You will like him though because he respects the fans which will help you get behind him and the team.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He has a beautiful little dog, and you'll see him walking it near his modest house in Tring, deep in tactical thought.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Does no one else find it really bizarre that OG is potentially returning to English football? I thought he'd had enough of this country and The Championship. Things behind the scenes at BHA must have been worse then we thought.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why do people think his Watford team would automatically be the same as his Brighton team was? The injuries he suffered last season were crippling, but he guided us to 6th.

At Watford he would inherit some top quality players and be able to play a different way.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Boring dull attritional cautious football. I dont buy into the injury stuff as towards the end he had a fully fit squad. Wasnt really that disappointed to see him go.

Props to 8ACE for posting that video.

If we go from the start of February as "towards the end of the season"
Bruno, Greer, Andrews, Stephens, (Hoskins), Crofts, Agustien, Orlandi, Mackail-Smith, Calderon, JFC, Ulloa, Upson, March, Kuszczak, Buckley, and Ince were injured, suspended or match tied. We had also lost El Abd, we didn't get Conway back, and none of the replacements for Barnes actually clicked - Obika was recalled, Rodriguez didn't settle.

Even if you just say from the end of March we lost Buckley, Kuszczak, Upson, Calderon, CMS, Orlandi, Crofts, Hoskins, Stephens, and Bruno to injuries.

Last edited:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Oscar and the Albion never seemed to properly click, I'm sure at the right club he could do really well, that club could be Watford perhaps. He struck me as dour ,miserable and disinterested and was clearly not comfortable in front of the media. Some of the football we were served up under Oscar was incredibly boring and depressing however he somehow managed to get us into the playoffs. My advice, buy some paint and watch it dry, you'll have a lot more fun.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Oscars spell at Brighton & Hove Albion, leaves us in absolutely no posistion to pass on to fans of any other club, with a full squad of fit and different types of players, any indication of how he may get on, which is a great shame.
As many have said already, no pre season, not his players, club and fans still reeling from Poyet, many injuries, poor loans but got us to the play offs by apparently not playing his style of football.
The whole thing was a total mystery.
Sorry.
But it will be interesting to see how he does at Watford.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Bit of an enigma. The football at times was mind numbing, but we often grinded out plenty of 1-0 wins or away draws. We had a lot of injuries, but somehow still made the playoffs?! Given *some* of the football played at times, many of us were scratching our heads when we made it to 6th.

If he has the resources, he may be more attack minded at Watford? Or he may play it safe (literally) and continue with what he knows is effective at this level of English football? He comes over as being EXTREMELY laid back and casual in interviews. Completely one expression with no Latin style emotion whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here