Óscar García Junyent - Club CONFIRM appointment as Head Coach (8.10pm, 26 June)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Please don't fed the trolls. It really didn't matter who we appointed, Palace fans and the likes of VHA were always going to sneer and snipe. Its as boring as it is predictable. Same as the stadium (which is "shit") the crowds (they're all plastics), Tony Bloom (he's a charlatan) the finances (we're on the brink of bankruptcy) etc etc etczzzzzzzz.

Anyway. Appointing any new manager always carries risk, there's never any guarantee it'll work out. But I am just genuinely glad and relieved that we haven't given the job to some tired old fossil from the failed managers merry-go-round. Its a bold move (again), and an imaginative one. Despite how it all ended, Blooms last managerial appointment was a SPECTACULAR success, so I see no reason to question his judgement now with OGJ.

This is a man schooled in La Masia, undisputedly the finest footballing academy in the world over the last 15-20 years. And after buying into that philosophy as a player, he has successfully harnessed those skills and transferred them to coaching and management. He's been on a gradual learning curve aqs a coach, going from youth to Barca B to Israel and now to the Championship, and this is a new kind of challenge. But every step of the way he's been a winner his entire career, and I just cannot WAIT to see what he does with us.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Please don't fed the trolls. It really didn't matter who we appointed, Palace fans and the likes of VHA were always going to sneer and snipe. Its as boring as it is predictable. Same as the stadium (which is "shit") the crowds (they're all plastics), Tony Bloom (he's a charlatan) the finances (we're on the brink of bankruptcy) etc etc etczzzzzzzz.

Anyway. Appointing any new manager always carries risk, there's never any guarantee it'll work out. But I am just genuinely glad and relieved that we haven't given the job to some tired old fossil from the failed managers merry-go-round. Its a bold move (again), and an imaginative one. Despite how it all ended, Blooms last managerial appointment was a SPECTACULAR success, so I see no reason to question his judgement now with OGJ.

This is a man schooled in La Masia, undisputedly the finest footballing academy in the world over the last 15-20 years. And after buying into that philosophy as a player, he has successfully harnessed those skills and transferred them to coaching and management. He's been on a gradual learning curve aqs a coach, going from youth to Barca B to Israel and now to the Championship, and this is a new kind of challenge. But every step of the way he's been a winner his entire career, and I just cannot WAIT to see what he does with us.

Nailed.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing

Whisper it, Easy, but I reckon that Palace might just be worried.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

The world is looking like a better place

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Can you give me private English lessons? Name your price :clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whisper it, Easy, but I reckon that Palace might just be worried.

Weeelll, they've got their customary 20th place in the Premier League reserved for them following a season of absolute thumpings, THATS what they'll be worried about. So I can't see them worrying or being bothered about us for now TBH. But they'll be a little disappointed we didn't appoint a Paul Jewell or a Darren Ferguson, ie someone who they could really laugh about. They'll just have to be alone as the only set of fans in the country making themselves look stupid by trying to make out this is some kind of hilarious and disastrous appointment.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Weeelll, they've got their customary 20th place in the Premier League reserved for them following a season of absolute thumpings, THATS what they'll be worried about. So I can't see them worrying or being bothered about us for now TBH. But they'll be a little disappointed we didn't appoint a Paul Jewell or a Darren Ferguson, ie someone who they could really laugh about. They'll just have to be alone as the only set of fans in the country making themselves look stupid by trying to make out this is some kind of hilarious and disastrous appointment.

The guy's got a good pedigree, but it remains to be seen if he will be a success.
The English league is a totally different proposition to where he has managed, although he has done well there.
Will be interesting to find out how much he has to spend, can see him signing players from his old club.
Needs coaches with him with English football experience.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The guy's got a good pedigree, but it remains to be seen if he will be a success.
Past events have happened, future events have yet to do so. Good looking out, I learn so much from Palace fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports