Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia Joins Watford

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Exactly what I think. 2 managers who got us to 2 of our highest ever league finishes. Garcia did nothing wrong here, but because he wasn't as in your face as Poyet, fans didn't take to him. For people that think he wasn't passionate, watch the highlights of the Forest game.
Highest ever league finishes?far from it pal :)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sky Sports are reporting that Leeds have offered Hockaday the princely sum of £10,000 as a severance package.Lord knows what they were paying him?

LMA not happy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Garcia yes, he was dignified and respectful to the club and supporters. Gus, well I probably wouldn't boo him but you never know. There are plenty of real or imaginary reasons to boo Poyet.

There are also plenty more reasons to cheer Poyet. The good he did FAR outweighed the bad overall.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There are also plenty more reasons to cheer Poyet. The good he did FAR outweighed the bad overall.
I wouldn't disagree. However, as fans, whatever was going on behind the scenes, we did not deserve the way he spoke after the St Patrick's day massacre. I think he manipulated the situation on Match of the day as well.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Tel Aviv or Leeds - some choice! He must be gutted he left Brighton. Me for one and happier with Hyypia - much more entertaining football.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I wouldn't disagree. However, as fans, whatever was going on behind the scenes, we did not deserve the way he spoke after the St Patrick's day massacre. I think he manipulated the situation on Match of the day as well.

The end was awful. Everything before was pretty amazing imo.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Exactly what I think. 2 managers who got us to 2 of our highest ever league finishes. Garcia did nothing wrong here, but because he wasn't as in your face as Poyet, fans didn't take to him. For people that think he wasn't passionate, watch the highlights of the Forest game.

Garcia inherited the most gifted team we've had for YONKS and turned it into a borefest. That second playoff game was truly, truly dire.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
We release him out of his contract in good faith and 4 months later he is potentially signing for a promotion rival. There's just something wrong with that imo.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Guillem Balague says that Oscar will be at Watford "imminently".

Oscar García imminent arrival to Watford: a good coach who has learnt lots about football and running of clubs. With a squad now 2 get 2 PL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here