Oscar Garcia Joins Watford

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I liked this bloke from Watford's forum:

"Got a couple of friends who support Maccabi Tel Aviv, both say that this talk of 'boring' or 'negative' football is utter nonsense, was known in Israel for his fast flowing attacking philosophy. Brighton had a really **** side, made no easier by the fact their fans feel they have some divine right to be in the Premiership, they didn't like Gus, didn't like Garcia and probably won't like Sami when he takes them down as they gradually get worse every year."

Just a few small points:
Our **** side finished seven places and twelve points above Watford.
We did like Gus
We did like Garcia
None of us (that are sane) feel we have a divine right to be in the Premiership, but feel that reaching the play offs for two years running has been a massive acheivement as we have been competing against teams with parachute money and dodgy ownership deals which get around the FFP rules.

Other than that, top marks mate.

Considering half of last years 1st team are now in the Prem, limping into 6th on the last day of the season looks a bit of a failure.

Really **** side? 8 million pound Leo Ulloa, Ex England international and current Leicester player Matt Upson, 2.5 million Buckley and 3.5 million Bridcutt (for half a season)? Barnes and Ward also in the Prem. You know [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] might just be on to something. Have an equalizing thumb sir.

Oh, and we also had Keith Andrews who now plays for, er, um, who is it again?

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
I don't dislike Garcia as a person but he oversaw the dullest season of football I can remember, to the point that many of us were actually not looking forward to this season. Play-offs? Yes, by the skin of our teeth due to no one seemingly wanting the 6th place and was that worth it with the humiliation we received in the semi's?
I don't buy that it was the s*** team. I do think the team didn't buy into his 'philosophy' or more likely understand it...after all his communication skills are questionable, and that is fact quoted by Sir Lord TB.
I have been entertained more in the last two home games than i was the whole of last season. Sure, we have a couple of very good additions but Sami has got us pressing higher up the pitch with a quicker tempo which Oscar never wanted to do....or at least his slouched shoulders & hands in pockets appearance didn't give that impression.
I, for one, am absolutely delighted he has gone to Watford. :albion2:

Last edited:

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Really **** side? 8 million pound Leo Ulloa, Ex England international and current Leicester player Matt Upson, 2.5 million Buckley and 3.5 million Bridcutt (for half a season)? Barnes and Ward also in the Prem. You know [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] might just be on to something. Have an equalizing thumb sir.

Oh, and we also had Keith Andrews who now plays for, er, um, who is it again?

Don't forget the Jesse factor!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Speaking as someone who is married to a learning disability nurse, I'm quite sure that the 'mentally retarded' would not automatically boo either. I'm my experience, such a person would be more likely to cheer and have a positive outlook on life.

Do me a favour mate, just refer to idiots as idiots and leave easy targets such as those with autism, downs, microcephalus and other conditions out of it.

Ta

So someone who is intellectually challenged is not an easy target in your view?

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Anyone who boos him or Gus is genuinely mentally retarded.

Really? So anyone who doesn't share your point of view is disabled? I seriously wish I was you because it must be wonderful going through life utterly convinced that everything you say and do is perfect and 100% correct. Honestly, I'm jealous. Must be great.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He won't have a full preseason though, which matters a lot supposedly.

It appears that a pre season involving a tour of Spain, FOUR games in Sussex, and two transfer windows left Oscar with one hand tied behind his back for last season.

With that in mind Watford must be nailed on for relegation.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
So someone who is intellectually challenged is not an easy target in your view?

Assuming you mean that 'idiot' is a slur on the intellectually challenged, I would argue that intelligent people can be idiots, whereas 'mentally retarded' relates specifically to those with a mental disability.

I know this as I'm regularly an idiot but have a degree :)

According the the interweb 'An idiot, dolt, or dullard is an intellectually disabled person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way'.

Fair play sir...you have fought the good fight and showed a greater mastery of language with regards to the first part of the definition (I genuinely did not know that as Idiot is such a common word), but I feel somewhat saved by the second part of the definition.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
To be fair to the Watford forum you only have to flick through this thread to realise he is actually right with the amount of comments about Oscar and his football being boring etc

That's because it was boring most of the time. I liked Oscar but my lord he was dull, as was his brand of football. It got us into the playoffs but up against a decent footballing side like Derby we were made to look silly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here