Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Óscar García is the [n]th longest serving manager in English football

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose 1h
I have been told tonight Newport manager Justin Edinburgh is being linked with the vacancy at Millwall

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Perhaps now is the time to start running a book on how low a number 'n' will become?

Also, for all those statisticians, what is the lowest number an Albion manager has ever been and who was it? Probably Charlie Webb but that's just a guess.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Who will be sacking their managers next in all four divisions.? I think
West Ham
Blackpool
Stevenage
Mansfield.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
West Ham
Blackpool
Stevenage
Mansfield.

Just had a look at the Championship table to scout out who else could be next; I saw Birmingham in 17th and thought "Maybe Lee Clark?" but apparently they're unbeaten in 9 :mad:

I think Yeovil will stick with Gary Johnson, surely their owners have to be a bit realistic about their prospects this season.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
West Ham
Blackpool
Stevenage
Mansfield.

I'm not sure about Blackpool, I cynically thought that part of the reason they gave him the job was to keep his son there and if they sack him you can't see their prize asset wanting to hang around

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Another place up. Torquay have just sacked Alan Knill according to SSN

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Richie Barker at Pompey is walking a bit of a tightrope at the moment , perilously close to being drawn into a relegation dogfight at the bottom of League 2.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Richie Barker at Pompey is walking a bit of a tightrope at the moment , perilously close to being drawn into a relegation dogfight at the bottom of League 2.

That won't affect Oscar's place in the list. He joined Pompey much more recently than Oscar arrived.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
20 of the top 22 longest-serving managers in the country are English.
24 of the top 25 are British.
17 of the remaining 77 are not.

Does this show that foreign managers are becoming more prevalant or that chairmen are more patient with British managers?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
20 of the top 22 longest-serving managers in the country are English.
24 of the top 25 are British.
17 of the remaining 77 are not.

Does this show that foreign managers are becoming more prevalant or that chairmen are more patient with British managers?

Only THREE of the top SIXTY ONE managers are from outside the British Isles (inc Ireland) - Wenger, Pochetino and Laudrup. Remarkable, that.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What I find interesting is that 17 of the longest serving 23 are lower than Championship level. Greater expectation from higher level Chairmen?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What I find interesting is that 17 of the longest serving 23 are lower than Championship level. Greater expectation from higher level Chairmen?

Lower league clubs don't have the resources to play so fast and loose with paying up contracts / compensation?

BarnhamBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Yapton
You think 15 managers are going to be sacked this month? Just had a look at the ones above Oscar and about half a dozen are vulnerable but can't see many more than that (you can't rule out a loony sacking or two)

Not all will be sacked, some will leave to fill vacant positions. There were 14 departures during December so nothing surprises me nowadays! Hopefully i'm wrong.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
You think 15 managers are going to be sacked this month? Just had a look at the ones above Oscar and about half a dozen are vulnerable but can't see many more than that (you can't rule out a loony sacking or two)

You can never tell - there were 14 league teams with new managers in December...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Never knew that Oscar was sandwiched between the managers of both the Manchester clubs. Interesting? Maybe only to me...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here