Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Opening league game now Friday night: (vs Forest, 7th Aug, 7.45pm)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Whilst the silver lining is that I won't miss the game now, it's not something I welcome at all.

Until it stops being about the money, there's nowt much we can do, except turn your back on the game and find something else to do, which is what I am doing when it comes to the professional men's game. I'll watch the Albion no matter what, but televised Premier League, European and International football* I'm not interested in watching. It's the only way. Turn your sets off if you want to see change.

*I'm making an exception for the women's world cup.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
we could of refused it

No we couldn't, according to Barber's interview. There's some sort of obligation that means we have to accept this because of the money Sky put into football. So to hell with the obligation to you and me to play games at 3 o'clock on Saturdays as used to be the case when I roamed the Earth accompanied only by my fellow dinosaurs........

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm also a bit cheesed off with this too. I was looking forward to the 3pm Saturday kick off. What's the betting that Friday will p*ss down and on Saturday glorious sunshine.
It's all show business now.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
If there is anyone who has a ticket or two, and what's to be a Good Samaritan and lend them to me for that night, will be very much appreciated!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Sky put the local derby on at lunch time (leeds v burnley) and make forest fans travel to the south coast on a Friday night....
The mass of empty seats from people who cannot make will certainly be a great advert for the club and championship.

Me and son can only make Saturday games. only 12 last year means £39 a game.
I start the season knowing this will be my last as a season ticket holder as it is cheaper to just purchase on game by game (Sats only).

Leeds Burnley on a Friday night, no chance the police will agree with that!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Paul Barber's references to the playing budget are patronising, as is his portentous announcement that ("in my experience") TV revenue is greater than the value of lost ticket sales (we know that - we're not stupid - but the question wasn't about ticket sales). And he just couldn't resist the pat-on-the-head mention of "times past" at the Albion could he? Especially for the hayseed nostalgics among us, that one.

Obviously the rescheduling of the opening game will suit some people and not others. The concern is a wider one, the impression that the man on the terraces is no longer very important to the Football League and many of its member clubs, including the Spurs-lite that Paul Barber seems hell-bent on creating on the south coast.

We all know that Mr Barber can spin faster than a hot rod's back wheels so just for once I would like to hear from someone else. In particular I would like to know what those grey newcomers round the Albion boardroom table think of the ordinary supporters who've followed this club through thick and thin. Are we just wallpaper to make the background look good when the Sky boys drop in to town, or are we all part of the Albion's lifeblood? What do the Adam Franks and Peter Godfreys of this world really think?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Well what are you gonna do? I mean, can you even imagine a world without Sky?

tumblr_ltbtgjU70B1qztjn5o1_500.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here