Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Opened an invitation to Wrexham to join us at White Hart Lane

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We didn't sell out Selhurst because we were on our 12 match losing run and a fair proportion of Albion fans are fairweather, but 5,000 was impressive under the circumstances

Bloody wished I hadn't gone after about 10 mins as well :censored:

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Uncle Buck said:
Complete rubbish, we took around 5000 to that game, I think the reality is we are not as bigger club as some of the more head in the clouds brigade on here seem to think we are.
The most ACURATE statement of the day.:clap2:

On two occasions, recently, againgst Leyton Orient we sold over 4,000 tickets. Which actually meant on one occasion Hearn giving us the Leyton home end.

A lot of people didn't go to Palace because of the perceived trouble. These are the same ones who won't go to Millwall or Cardiff.

Spurs does not hold that image.

Back in the 70's we took over 10,000 to Spurs, that is still one of their biggest away attendances!

So mee thinks we will sell out. Its a chance to see a Prem side on your doorstep........who in their right mind will give that up. Personally I might even walk all of the way there.

LC

:clap:

Yoda

English & European
Oh come on people.

This match WILL be a sell out.

Take out the Play-off final and it is our biggest away day in years!
We will sell our allocation, no problem.

As for people saying that Spurs won't sell out, that is a joke!!!

A mate of mine share's a season ticket and I spoke to him yesterday. Every match is a sell out, the average this year is 35,779.

There was even 21,441 for a pre season freindly against Cagliari in August.

Rant over.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Complete rubbish, we took around 5000 to that game, I think the reality is we are not as bigger club as some of the more head in the clouds brigade on here seem to think we are.
I agree, but I've just put the phone down on a mate who rang me up to say "Are you going to the Spurs game?" He makes no bones of the fact he's a fairweather fan - and he means that literally. Big game, decent stadium and he'll be there, freezing cold humdrum afternoon at Withdean and he won't. Leaving aside the merits of whether he's a 'real' fan or not he's the FOURTH person to ring me today with the same question! There was nothing like that interest when we played Palace.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
You'll get loads of Arsenal fans who are mates with Brighton fans / have a soft spot for us in the Brighton area tagging along for the ride.

They'll be pouring out of the woodwork for this one.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Uncle Buck said:
Even though Arsenal are in the FA Cup as well. Seems a bit strange that.

I'm talking about your usual arm chair Arsenal fan in Brighton!

jeees not everyone goes to all the games...

Oh dear, another classic NSC overreaction :lol:

Getting this het up about opposing a tiny handful of Wrexham fans who might conceivably come is a tinsy-winsy bit sad given their pro-Falmer canpaigning for us on TV last Friday night.

But OTLW certainly handed out a golden opportunity for those with no sympathy for our Wrexham Fans Utd work to put the boot in. Ah well.

I hope him and Biscuit keep up their excellent work, it's one of things that make you very proud to be a Brighton fan when discussing our club with outsiders.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
London Irish said:
Oh dear, another classic NSC overreaction :lol:

Getting this het up about opposing a tiny handful of Wrexham fans who might conceivably come is a tinsy-winsy bit sad given their pro-Falmer canpaigning for us on TV last Friday night.

But OTLW certainly handed out a golden opportunity for those with no sympathy for our Wrexham Fans Utd work to put the boot in. Ah well.

I hope him and Biscuit keep up their excellent work, it's one of things that make you very proud to be a Brighton fan when discussing our club with outsiders.
Oh dear another classic load of old cobblers.

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
I'm all for supporting Wrexham at this time of trouble but if it means that dedicated Seagulls fans are going to miss out on tickets for their game then I feel it would be a little inconsiderate of them.

Rougvie said:
Oh dear another classic load of old cobblers.

Thought you'd be the first to bite :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
If we were 1,000 over subscribed to the West Ham match that means will have at least 3,700 likely to want to go, although being a cup game some people with other commitments may not have been able to plan for it.

I personally think we would be a few hundered shy of selling 5,000 tickets.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The Laughing Bluebird said:
It appears that OTLW has completely lost the plot in recent weeks. First he claimed he had tears in his eyes simply because Wrexham fans were making a 'Wrexham 4 Falmer' banner. Now he's inviting Wrexham fans to Brighton's big cup day out and is asking them to sing 'Men of Harlech' in the White Hart Lane away end.

Dear oh dear......

:nono: :eek: :nono:

Let me know straight away if Cardiff's finances are looking a little peeky at any stage. Adopting a struggling Welsh club is de rigeur in Sussex at the moment and I want to be on the ground floor for the next one.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Yoda said:
As for people saying that Spurs won't sell out, that is a joke!!!Every match is a sell out, the average this year is 35,779.

We played Spurs at White Hart Lane in the league cup two years ago. The crowd was 23,723. Certainly not a sell out......

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry
Look Wrexham fans don't want to nick your tickets, FACT!
OTLW and Biscuit have done a lot for us and have suggested we come to the game.
If you sell out then Wrexham fans won't be coming, if there are tickets left then maybe we will.
But It's going to be a sell out, theres too many people on here worrying about tickets, therefore you will defiently sell out your end.
It would be great to go to WHL to see you play but its your day out.
I think a few people on here are getting worried that they might not get tickets and have taken it out on OTLW for making an nice gesture.
FFS, there will be no Wrexham at WHL unless you don't sell out, you've made that clear, we've excepted it now just leave it!!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
wrexhamgnasher said:
If you sell out then Wrexham fans won't be coming, if there are tickets left then maybe we will.
But It's going to be a sell out, theres too many people on here worrying about tickets, therefore you will defiently sell out your end.
I think a few people on here are getting worried that they might not get tickets and have taken it out on OTLW for making an nice gesture.
FFS, there will be no Wrexham at WHL unless you don't sell out, you've made that clear, we've excepted it now just leave it!!!

:clap:

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry
The Laughing Bluebird said:
We played Spurs at White Hart Lane in the league cup two years ago. The crowd was 23,723. Certainly not a sell out......

At the time you were a division 2 (league 1) club playing in the league cup! How many teams sell out in the league cup? Particularly aganist weaker opposition?

Yoda

English & European
wrexhamgnasher said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Well said! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here