Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Open Training Question

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is the one they do inbetween seasons as restrictive?

This is the first one since the no selfies, no signatures rule came in. The signatures and selfies were the main reason kids loved going so much I found.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He's not a member. Maybe my own fault, but given its a free training session aimed at children it would have been nice if I could have added him without becoming an Albion+!
Was very clear from the comms it was members only - suspect there are enough members to easily take up the available spaces........be interesting to see if it sells out

Oct 16, 2008
This is the first one since the no selfies, no signatures rule came in. The signatures and selfies were the main reason kids loved going so much I found.
I kind of see the rationale for the no selfies, no signatures policy outside the ground on matchdays and at the training ground for the reasons of safety and potential abuse as specified in the release from the club at the time, but at an event such as this - where the club has pretty much full control over the environment (and the timespans), it seems a tad harsh?

Positioning the restriction as "in the interest of fairness to young fans" in the event release from the club is quite comical... try explaining that 'fairness' angle to a 7 year old fan desperate to meet their idols!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I kind of see the rationale for the no selfies, no signatures policy outside the ground on matchdays and at the training ground for the reasons of safety and potential abuse as specified in the release from the club at the time, but at an event such as this - where the club has pretty much full control over the environment (and the timespans), it seems a tad harsh?

Positioning the restriction as "in the interest of fairness to young fans" in the event release from the club is quite comical... try explaining that 'fairness' angle to a 7 year old fan desperate to meet their idols!
I think this will be the first one my kids have missed, I think. Really not worth travelling for.

The 'fairness' thing is presumably a reference to the last time. A few players stayed the duration, but many didn't stay at all and some signed just a selective few shirts then buggered off.

I imagine there were a few complaints. But surely the fix would be to ask players for a little more of their precious time, not scrub the whole thing?!

Another sign of club/fan 'disconnect', sadly.

Comms has been terrible too. I haven't had an email. Didn't see it in news on the website. First I knew about it, was a listing in parking...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Does anyone know if one is allowed to take photos with a decent camera at this event? My son and I are wondering.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I assume some of our younger fans will be disappointed with this no selfies rule

IMG_3356.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here