Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Open Letter To The Club

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think in previous years we have had a reasonably solid base of a squad to add to by the end of August. The problem this year is that a lot of our best players have gone (or are going) and those left are the ones we perhaps would have been looking to replace either now or in the foreseeable future. I am struggling to find more than a handful of top half championship players on our books and am concerned that there just won't be enough money in the bank to get the sort of quality the fans are looking for. I fear a few seasons of mediocrity pending the Lancing Development factory churning out a few more prospects.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Would have been mor appropriate come the shutting of any loan window. Until then i would let the club do what they need to do. J trust TB and therefore his employee's to get this right. Personal opinion though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dear Mr Bloom, Mr Barber and Mr Burke,

I live around 200 miles away from Brighton but I pay £45 a month to have a season ticket. I can't always make it and I can't always get someone to go in my place but I continue to pay my money as I figure it goes towards helping the club. I am not one for panic. But I like many Albion fans am getting a little worried.

I appreciate FFP is a chain around our clubs ankle, I appreciate that I know nothing about how transfers work, I appreciate you all work hard and want the best for our club. However the silence is at this moment not helping. It's leaving a vacum that is filled by false rumour upon false rumour, the dealing so far are looking like a club with a real financial problem. £15m or so in and very little out.

I am not asking for a grand statement but please be honest with us as it's starting to look like you don't really care about the fans (I don't believe this is true but your silent policy is making it look like that)!

Regards

Forster's Armband

Like it or not £45 a month entitles you to **** all when the club is in debt to the tune of £100+m, and operating at a £14m a year deficit.

The club is not bound by FFP, Tony is bound by his desire/need to make the club self sufficient.
Even if FFP didn't exist very little would be different at the club.

We had a fans forum 8 days ago.
It was CLEARLY stated the club should be judged at the END of the transfer window.

It doesn't matter what you think the dealing make the club look like.
The financial report is a statement of fact that the club has 'real financial problem'.

We all know the club will be silent over dealings, the club always has been and that's not going to change.
Why do you need to know right now?
What can you do about it?.
What difference can you make?.

If you don't like it feck off, nobody is making you go to the football.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm really concerned, the first time for a long time, really concerned.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
You're wrong about the exclamation mark.

We will ask Mr Barber to officiate. I understand the exclamation to refer to the silence from the club. In this case it would be within the parenthesis. If it does not refer to the silence you are indeed correct and it would be outside.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Like it or not £45 a month entitles you to **** all when the club is in debt to the tune of £100+m, and operating at a £14m a year deficit.

The club is not bound by FFP, Tony is bound by his desire/need to make the club self sufficient.

It was CLEARLY stated the club should be judged at the END of the transfer window.

The financial report is a statement of fact that the club has 'real financial problem'.

We all know the club will be silent over dealings, the club always has been and that's not going to change.

I thought cycling was a relaxing past time:p

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
To think that Paul Barber makes the effort to reply to all emails like this that he receives. He really does earn his £450k pa.

£450k??? Really??? That explains why we can't afford players then.
Here's an idea.... Sack him and hire someone a little cheaper to bleed the fans dry and buy some actual players.
Too radical?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Telling people to fck off who have concerns is not very helpful imo

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought cycling was a relaxing past time:p
After 53 miles and 2,500ft of climbing I'm now tiredy pooh-poohs, which makes me a grumpy-wumpy.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Yep, I'm often abused for simply voicing concern about the direction of the club since poyets departure, that doesn't mean I'm less of a fan it means I care.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Dear Mr Bloom, Mr Barber and Mr Burke,

I live around 200 miles away from Brighton but I pay £45 a month to have a season ticket. I can't always make it and I can't always get someone to go in my place but I continue to pay my money as I figure it goes towards helping the club. I am not one for panic. But I like many Albion fans am getting a little worried.

I appreciate FFP is a chain around our clubs ankle, I appreciate that I know nothing about how transfers work, I appreciate you all work hard and want the best for our club. However the silence is at this moment not helping. It's leaving a vacum that is filled by false rumour upon false rumour, the dealing so far are looking like a club with a real financial problem. £15m or so in and very little out.

I am not asking for a grand statement but please be honest with us as it's starting to look like you don't really care about the fans (I don't believe this is true but your silent policy is making it look like that)!

Regards

Forster's Armband

seriously?!!!!!!! FFS!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One other thing.

If/when the hierarchy of the club actually breaks a commitment its made, I will be concerned about the future.

Once again Tony said, 8 days ago, 'judge me at the end of the window'.

It's lucky none of you lot are judges on Masterchef.

'This steak is raw'.
'That's because I still have 10 minutes cooking time'.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
One other thing.

If/when the hierarchy of the club actually breaks a commitment its made, I will be concerned about the future.

Once again Tony said, 8 days ago, 'judge me at the end of the window'.

It's lucky none of you lot are judges on Masterchef.

'This steak is raw'.
'That's because I still have 10 minutes cooking time'.

You clearly don't cook, as no one with a decent palette would cook steak for that long!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here