Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Open Heart Surgery

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
well done mate
as you can I am back they kept me in to get the heartbeat into sinus twice with shock treatment, then my kidneys started playing up
( just an excuse to stay with the fantastic nurses)
its now time to start taking it easy for a while at least
thank you all for your good wishes

Good to see you back :)

You're right about the nurses, and not just the nurses all the ancilliary staff deserve a mention as well - I can't believe how cheerful they all are - fantastic.

Jul 7, 2003
Good to see both Creaky and Glasfryn back on the board.

Of course, we may regret this as they'll have time on their hands now and will no doubt fill up the board with old codger threads...

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Nice to hear you're out, mate
Take it easy
DON'T cough

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
went for my follow-up (6 months) and the Dr was not to pleased at my shortness of breath ( I thought it was due to the polymylgia (s))
and the steroids so it looks like warfarin but the one that is long lasting hopefully.
must say it has gotten worse in the last month I can't bend down without sounding like a steam train and the weight has all gone back on due to water retension
all seems to be going round in circles one thing leads to another.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
went for my follow-up (6 months) and the Dr was not to pleased at my shortness of breath ( I thought it was due to the polymylgia (s))
and the steroids so it looks like warfarin but the one that is long lasting hopefully.
must say it has gotten worse in the last month I can't bend down without sounding like a steam train and the weight has all gone back on due to water retension
all seems to be going round in circles one thing leads to another.

Sounds to me like a pulmonary embolism (blood clots on the lung)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Sounds to me like a pulmonary embolism (blood clots on the lung)

been prescribed RIVERROXABAN 15m as an alternative to warfarin.
trouble with all this is one thing leads to another
anyone else taking this ?

sorry Moggy I did not answer you, you could be right, am suffering with terrible water retention and now have several appointments with the radiologists at the DGH which indicates exactly what you have said

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
been prescribed RIVERROXABAN 15m as an alternative to warfarin.
trouble with all this is one thing leads to another
anyone else taking this ?

sorry Moggy I did not answer you, you could be right, am suffering with terrible water retention and now have several appointments with the radiologists at the DGH which indicates exactly what you have said

Spooky. I was thinking about you and wondering how your recovery was going yesterday when I saw a post from you. Is it just fine tuning to get everything running properly now?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Spooky. I was thinking about you and wondering how your recovery was going yesterday when I saw a post from you. Is it just fine tuning to get everything running properly now?

unfortunely not, the polymyalgia has ****** everything up steroids don't help and now the consultant thinks the valve might have moved, hence all the x-rays the Riveroxaban might help the thinnining of the blood.
my blood pressure was 200/113 when I saw him and yesterday it was so off the scale it did'nt register.
I now have so many cunsultants letters for appointments (6) its a wonder there are any trees left in the Brazilian jungle
but the good news is I have not had one today ...............so far
who says the NHS does not work

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
unfortunely not, the polymyalgia has ****** everything up steroids don't help and now the consultant thinks the valve might have moved, hence all the x-rays the Riveroxaban might help the thinnining of the blood.
my blood pressure was 200/113 when I saw him and yesterday it was so off the scale it did'nt register.
I now have so many cunsultants letters for appointments (6) its a wonder there are any trees left in the Brazilian jungle
but the good news is I have not had one today ...............so far
who says the NHS does not work

Blimey, sorry to hear that. Wish you the best in getting it resolved soon.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
thanks
its going to be a day at a time

Exactly this mate. Been thru similar op myself. When I say similar, I mean open chest stuff.
It is one day at a time and just fight your way thru. Try and stay positive and believe next day will be better.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
has anyone who has had O/H/S had the letter about mycobacterium chimaera
I received it today and its a bugger as I have had most of the symptoms (which explains a lot of why I feel so shite all the time) when I should be feeling better after the op.
another bloody infection to deal with

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here