Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only for the Over 40s - mid life crises

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Icy Gull said:
Sorry to hear that , shite end to a hassle filled year for you it seems?

Yes, it has been. All the thousands sent to the US to be put away for house purchase were spent. One she realised that no more money was coming she wanted a devorce. I am now flat broke !

Lush

Mods' Pet
On the Left Wing said:
Recently stayed up late with a couple of mates discussing mid life crises .....

Ooooh - so let me guess. Not past ten o'clock???? :ohmy: :ohmy:

Actually that's crap. Recently went to an advertising daaarling house party and was the only one left still dancing at 3am. It was "spot the person who doesn't get out much..."

Oh - and I wasn't doing the wee-wee dance either...

:D

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
bhaexpress said:
Yes, it has been. All the thousands sent to the US to be put away for house purchase were spent. One she realised that no more money was coming she wanted a devorce. I am now flat broke !

shit and shinola mate - thats a bit rough - sorry to hear it - obviously hind sight is 20/20 and you've realized the obvious about her....

although this thread is making me worry....my other half is only in his early 30 - 10's and he:

races a fast car
plays bass in a band

best spruce myself up and prevent the others happening - ANY FEMALE STEPPING THIS WAY BEWARE I HAVE A RIGHT HOOK LIKE M. ALI !! :lol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well, ironically we're still on good terms. I've just decided to move on and start again. No point in making a bad situation worse. I honestly don't think she realises what she's done in truth.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
44 but not grown up enough to do any of them yet.
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
Love life get away with murder from the missus.
Crisis what Crisis.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Re: Re: Only for the Over 40s - mid life crises

Lush said:
Ooooh - so let me guess. Not past ten o'clock???? :ohmy: :ohmy:

Actually that's crap. Recently went to an advertising daaarling house party and was the only one left still dancing at 3am. It was "spot the person who doesn't get out much..."

Oh - and I wasn't doing the wee-wee dance either...

:D

So it was just you and Mark McG again then eh!!!

:lolol: :lolol:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
attila said:
None.
47, ancient Citroen, actively loathe new/flash cars, gorgeous, talented wife who loves football as much as I do, love my work, very happy.....

Illusion shattered!!!

Punk!
:lolol:

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Gaffer said:
Oi! I've missed out. I'm 63, same missus for 40+ years. No motor bike, No hair, No guitar. Where did I go wrong?:)

You and me alike Gaffer. Also 63, same missus for thirty+ years. No guitar. No motorbike. No money.

I have still got hair though and ooooooooooooo, those memories.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Love the observation taht a number have made that we all seem to have grown up (?) got older, but by-passed that thing called maturity!

Still feel 17 inside and in my mind .... it's just my body which feels 67!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm 48 and I've never learned to drive...so definitely no fast cars for me.

None of the others apply either.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
bhaexpress said:
Well, ironically we're still on good terms. I've just decided to move on and start again. No point in making a bad situation worse. I honestly don't think she realises what she's done in truth.

I'm all confused BHA, it all seems to have gone pear shaped so quickly, are you back in the Uk or are you going to remain in the US

Interesting subject, but personally I've never been out of the 'fast lane' life by settling down or driving those pegs in the ground like mortgages/kids/steady job with pension and 3weeks holidays. It means I don't re-emerge from anything away from a regular social lifestyle.

Sensibility keeps me from having another motorbike in this city...or any city. Been there done that, saw the potential pitfalls and lost friends through accidents.
Always had a guitar, always had loads of good music, always been outgoing and adaptable, always played football and other sports....etc.

Midlife crisis? What effect would it take?
Would I move to Rio or Uruguay on a whim? Suddenly develop addiction to heroin and slide into a life under a freeway overpass nodding and vomiting? Sell everything I hold dear and buy an Aston Martin to pose in?

I think I'll put the midlife crisis on hold til I'm at end-life.
:thud:
:angel:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
shingle said:
I'm all confused BHA, it all seems to have gone pear shaped so quickly, are you back in the Uk or are you going to remain in the US

I'm still in the UK. She told me she had made an application for me to move there but I found out from the lawyer I was using that she hadn't.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
bhaexpress said:
Didn't you have a lengthy hospotal stay as well during the year BHA?
Sorry to hear the news mate ... here's hoping 2005 is a better year all round

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Gwylan said:
I'm 48 and I've never learned to drive...so definitely no fast cars for me.

None of the others apply either.

I think that particular point wasn't about flash or fast cars but about guys refinding their youth with classic car projects like 1988 Golf GTis or 1976 MGB GTS or even older Mini Cooper S's etc ....

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I did have several hospital stays last year but I've been there twice already this year although they weren't long stays.

This year I fell down the stairs (I was sober) and I am currently the holder of a broken finger. I have to say that my 'mid life crisis' is quite real but I can still smile through it. After all, shit happens.

I'm quite tempted to tell you all something quite shocking about MrsBHA but I'd hate to be accused of 'attention seeking' !

Last edited:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
bhaexpress said:
I did have several hospital stays last year but I've been there twice already this year although they weren't long stays.

This year I fell down the stairs (I was sober) and I am currently the holder of a broken finger. I have to say that my 'mid life crisis' is quite real but I can still smile through it. After all, shit happens.

Yep, but If I have learned one lesson these past 49 years is that as doors slam shut in your face, other doors do open in the most unexpected places.

When my second wife committed adultery (in our bloody marital bed) while I was working away I was devastated - not only because it was my second time around and I thought iour marriage was forever, but because it meant splitting up a family with two lovely daughters .... but six months later I met this beautiful woman (18 years my junior) and we have now been together seven years, are married and genuinely happy (and she watches football!) .....

I hope something great happens for you ....

Albion Rob

bhaexpress said:

I'm quite tempted to tell you all something quite shocking about MrsBHA but I'd hate to be accused of 'attention seeking' !

Do it BRITBYTE, I won't accuse you, and even if it was attention seeking, it couldn't be any worse than much of what goes on here....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here