Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only a thousand ish tickets LEFT for our first fifth round FA Cup match in 25 years

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Whatever the draw cannot go as away

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
On reflection I think this is a fair view, and it partially explains why I decided to go in the end. I'm glad we don't have the circus style build up and all the inevitable distractions that this would entail. We do have a glimmer of hope in this tie even though I fully expect to lose. I think this will prove to be an enjoyable day out after all.

Also it didn't feel right abandoning the team just because we are playing Stoke. We have to make that victory against Watford count for something and that means giving a good account of ourselves both on and off the pitch.

To be honest, when the draw was made I was really disappointed and immediately thought "Cant be arsed with that one". It's only in the last week when I thought about it properly and realised that, although it is only Stoke, it is still a Premiership club in a big ground and we are only two wins from Wembley. Unlike a draw against Man Utd away, it's one of those where if you don't bother going and we lose you'll be glad you didn't bother, but if we win, you'll be kicking yourself that you didn't go. Because it will be fantastic up there if we win.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not got a problem with the draw or the ticket price but was put off with the travel cost. Will save my funds for league games

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I will be going but haven't got my tickets yet as not sure if the rest of the family are going. I think a thousand already sold is bloody good actually!

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Not got a problem with the draw or the ticket price but was put off with the travel cost. Will save my funds for league games

£26 return for an adult? Even cheaper if you go on the coach with national express.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Been to Stoke for a Spurs game as my mate was driving and had a spare ticket, one word of warning. If you are put near the front of the stand and stand up, you will be blocking the view for the disabled fans and will be asked to sit down!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Been to Stoke for a Spurs game as my mate was driving and had a spare ticket, one word of warning. If you are put near the front of the stand and stand up, you will be blocking the view for the disabled fans and will be asked to sit down!

Similar to Charlton, where the same issue arose this season.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But if we had been drawn against Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal or Man City, we would be 100% guaranteed to lose. Yes it would be a nice day out (at a big soul-less quiet stadium) but we wouldn't have a chance of progressing. We might just have a chance in this one, and if we are going to get through the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup, then I for one want to be there to see it happen.

I said I fully understand the reasons for getting excited.

But its still STOKE.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Got ours, 3 adults and my lad - all ST holders so cost £50 which isn't bad at all considering. Probably cost around £40-45 in diesel each way so total cost for the four of us will be around £130-140 although add in food and drink etc and more likely best part of £200 for the four of us so £50 each for what promises to be a cracking day out against premiership opposition and with the best chance in many years to get to a FA Cup quarter finals. We don't get to too many away games so I'm reasonably happy with that cost.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Should be a decent crowd.
Pricing is fair. 2 Adults + 2 kids will cost me £40 (the same as ONE adult for the Crawley game)
Its not THAT far.
Stoke fans generate a good atmosphere.
The actual game should be an interesting clash of styles.
We MIGHT win.
I've not been to the Britannia Stadium.

I'm IN.

All of this, travel is around 20-25 quid, ticket, food - a big day out against a prem side in a ground i've not been to before for only 45 quid.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
I don't get a chance to do many aways anymore, used to never miss a game. I'm in and going with 3 mates, really looking forward to it. Yes Stoke can be pretty unwelcoming, i rember being in the seats at port Vale and being attacked . I would love to see us win for the first time in my lifetime at Stoke, and a place in the 6th round, preferably a home draw against the lowest placed side in the competition. .... Hope our back four and Brezer deal with the long throws and free kicks better than Sunderland did.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Twelve of us from Lyme Regis, it's going to be a hoot.

:yahoo:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Gus played the first team at Watford because he said it would not have been fair on the thousands of fans who made the trip to play the ressies and then we were crap against Orient, so I am boycotting and suggest you all do the same and then he can put the ressies out against Stoke and we can go and smash Plymouth!!
We had 3-4 players missing in that game so it wasn't full strengh:D

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Or it's more of the fact people are spending their money on Crawley vs United, pointless.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
but it hasnt even gone on sale to White and general yet so 1000 is pretty good. The white members will buy them all up hopefully and still 9 days left! As said before if we take less than 3k we arent the 'amazing' fans some on here think

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
The fact that the tickets haven't actually come out on general sale yet is why obly 1000 have been sold. In fact, 1000 is pretty good going. I think we'll nearly if not fully sell-out our allocation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here