Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only a thousand ish tickets LEFT for our first fifth round FA Cup match in 25 years

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I will be buying mine on the gate - currently 3 but could be more.
Will be doing the same at Yeovil which is also officially "all ticket for away supporters"

Albion will continue to do this to justify charging for away memberships but it very rarely matters (although I did have to sit in the home end at Southampton and Bournemouth, albeit with friends and to an extent by choice)

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Will be doing the same at Yeovil which is also officially "all ticket for away supporters"

Albion will continue to do this to justify charging for away memberships but it very rarely matters (although I did have to sit in the home end at Southampton and Bournemouth, albeit with friends and to an extent by choice)

Indeed.

I've managed fine up until now without purchasing an away membership.

i think that the collective reaction of brighton fans to this fixture, rightly or wrongly, was 'meh'.

Is it true that crawley are close to seeling their 9,000? Where did the other 8k come from? Impressive nonetheless.

12k now! FOR CRAWLEY!
BOUGHT 5 TICKETS FOR DORIS TODAY OTHERS BUYING IN SHOP AND BY PHONE! 2K I THINK WE WILL TAKE.

Jan 30, 2008

AMS what a load of bollocks!

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
That sounds ominous i didnt particulary want to go in the home end, got tickets for the home end for the Utd crawley game aswell and didnt really want to go to that either.
Atleast if i do get turned away i want have a long journey back home

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Gus played the first team at Watford because he said it would not have been fair on the thousands of fans who made the trip to play the ressies and then we were crap against Orient, so I am boycotting and suggest you all do the same and then he can put the ressies out against Stoke and we can go and smash Plymouth!!

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Two wins from Wembley though ...

Must get you a bit excited, no?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Bought 2 yesterday. I know that there will be another 14 sold to my fellow window licking minibus travellers.

However without rehashing old threads (and I see both sides of the argument) but it is ONLY Stoke so I can understand why people are not getting excited.

However like HKFC said I was on hold for 20mins yesterday before I got my tix tho you can order online and they are on general sale shortly so wil pick up then im sure.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Now could several thousand of those be Man U fans who can't usually get a ticket? Hmmm, let me see ...

Exactly. Like I said on a prev thread its a chance for Utd "fans" to go to see their team actually play LIVE. Instead of on the box.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Not bothered...............got to economise having forked out for ST at Falmer. Don't want neck ache either from all that in the air stuff from Stoke.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This is the biggest domestic cup competition in the world and we're in the last sixteen of it. We are playing the best football many of us have seen for nearly thirty years and we have a very real chance of upsetting a team sitting in the top half of the Premiership. In doing so we could reach the FA Cup Quarter Finals for only the third time in the club's entire history, and the first time in 26 years!!! A win would put us just ONE match away from a Wembley Semi Final!!!!

And all this for just £15 per head plus travel!!! Come on!!!!!!!!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This is the biggest domestic cup competition in the world and we're in the last sixteen of it. We are playing the best football many of us have seen for nearly thirty years and we have a very real chance of upsetting a team sitting in the top half of the Premiership. In doing so we could reach the FA Cup Quarter Finals for only the third time in the club's entire history, and the first time in 26 years!!! A win would put us just ONE match away from a Wembley Semi Final!!!!

And all this for just £15 per head plus travel!!! Come on!!!!!!!!!!

But I say again, its against STOKE.

There STOKE. Doesnt exactly send the pulses racing.

STOKE, STOKE, STOKE, STOKE, STOKE. Nope, no matter how many times I say it Im still flatlining.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
But I say again, its against STOKE.

There STOKE. Doesnt exactly send the pulses racing.

STOKE, STOKE, STOKE, STOKE, STOKE. Nope, no matter how many times I say it Im still flatlining.

But if we had been drawn against Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal or Man City, we would be 100% guaranteed to lose. Yes it would be a nice day out (at a big soul-less quiet stadium) but we wouldn't have a chance of progressing. We might just have a chance in this one, and if we are going to get through the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup, then I for one want to be there to see it happen.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Should be a decent crowd.
Pricing is fair. 2 Adults + 2 kids will cost me £40 (the same as ONE adult for the Crawley game)
Its not THAT far.
Stoke fans generate a good atmosphere.
The actual game should be an interesting clash of styles.
We MIGHT win.
I've not been to the Britannia Stadium.

I'm IN.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
But if we had been drawn against Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal or Man City, we would be 100% guaranteed to lose. Yes it would be a nice day out (at a big soul-less quiet stadium) but we wouldn't have a chance of progressing. We might just have a chance in this one, and if we are going to get through the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup, then I for one want to be there to see it happen.

On reflection I think this is a fair view, and it partially explains why I decided to go in the end. I'm glad we don't have the circus style build up and all the inevitable distractions that this would entail. We do have a glimmer of hope in this tie even though I fully expect to lose. I think this will prove to be an enjoyable day out after all.

Also it didn't feel right abandoning the team just because we are playing Stoke. We have to make that victory against Watford count for something and that means giving a good account of ourselves both on and off the pitch.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Exactly, and for people saying "it's only Stoke!". Take a look at our league!! It's full of unglamorous games. Stoke are a decent Premiership outfit these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here