Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only £35

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I was originally going to write along the lines of, FFS it's a football match, not a night at the Opera. Then I had a look at the price of a night at the Opera. La boheme Royal Opera House.

Saturday 16 February 2013, 12.30pm[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] | [/FONT]Main Stage
  • Joel
  • Ilincai
  • Hartig
  • Yoncheva
  • Viviani
  • Arduini
  • Vinco
  • White
  • Allenby
  • Royal Opera Chorus

Hurry, only 6 Tickets left for that date, and no [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]concessions[/FONT].

6 Tickets£151–£164

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I know we need the youngsters now as future adult fans, but I have been thinking for a while that the 70% reduction for under 10s is generous. Am I being unfair?

As someone who brings an u10 to games even I think the discount the kids get is low. Half price is a fair rate for juniors.

I was shocked when I saw how cheap my lad's ticket was for next round. I wouldn't have hesitated buying the tickets if his has been £14 instead of £7.
The £2 "fee" still f*cks me off though. Internet sales and smart card entry, there shouldn't be a fee at all! The fee doesn't seem to fit with the club ethos which gives us interest fee payments on the ST, yet screws the "customers" over for a couple of quid unjustifiably.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I was originally going to write along the lines of, FFS it's a football match, not a night at the Opera. Then I had a look at the price of a night at the Opera. La boheme Royal Opera House.

Saturday 16 February 2013, 12.30pm[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] | [/FONT]Main Stage
  • Joel
  • Ilincai
  • Hartig
  • Yoncheva
  • Viviani
  • Arduini
  • Vinco
  • White
  • Allenby
  • Royal Opera Chorus

Hurry, only 6 Tickets left for that date, and no [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]concessions[/FONT].

6 Tickets£151–£164

At the Opera the tickets start from as little as £8 with well over half being under £50-£60. if you are quick off the mark it can be a very cheap evening out indeed. I have a ticket to see Placido Domingo later on this year it cost me £15.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
At the Opera the tickets start from as little as £8 with well over half being under £50-£60. if you are quick off the mark it can be a very cheap evening out indeed. I have a ticket to see Placido Domingo later on this year it cost me £15.

But isn't opera subsidised by the taxpayer through grants?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
But isn't opera subsidised by the taxpayer through grants?

Not entirely, but I'm sure some Arts Council money finds its to the ROH. The cheaper seats tend to be subsidised by the eye-wateringly expensive ones. I rarely pay more than £40, and normally get the £12-15 tickets if I can. I really like it as a night out and something that is always better experienced live than on tv/radio.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I know we need the youngsters now as future adult fans, but I have been thinking for a while that the 70% reduction for under 10s is generous. Am I being unfair?
The club could and should look at the people abusing the u10discounts. when i was a season ticket holder in the family stand there were 2 groups right near me every week consisting of adults only. If you buy a cheaper u10 ticket you can also buy 2 cheap adult tickets and not bother with the kids. You can also upgrade the u10 ticket if you want, or just scan in with kids ticket no one seems to mind. I experimented a few times, using my sons card and no one said anything.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I think the north stand seats need increasing in price! Everyone that sits there says they're the best seats and best stand etc. lets double the north stand price as a starter :moo:
I stand as I'm in the back row of the north stand so don't use My seat. If prices double do you think I could rent My seat out to cover some of the cost ? ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just weighed in with another £35, for the club, most happy with that.

D

Deleted member 18477

I stand as I'm in the back row of the north stand so don't use My seat. If prices double do you think I could rent My seat out to cover some of the cost ? ???

lets get rid of those damn seats in the north - keep the prices the same - and pack 5000+ in that damn stand!!! :albion2::ascarf::albion:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The club could and should look at the people abusing the u10discounts. when i was a season ticket holder in the family stand there were 2 groups right near me every week consisting of adults only. If you buy a cheaper u10 ticket you can also buy 2 cheap adult tickets and not bother with the kids. You can also upgrade the u10 ticket if you want, or just scan in with kids ticket no one seems to mind. I experimented a few times, using my sons card and no one said anything.

When you use a childs ticket through the scanner at the turnstile, a different coloured light flashes on the turnstile, this is done to stop adults using a kids ticket without upgrading

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Compared to WSL ( no concessions ) it is good value. I still feel that the club have to very careful in their pricing policy. There is a narrow dividing line between value for money and over priced. Those of us paying £600 for our ST,the best part of £40 for Cup games and over £30 for high profile friendlies in WSL are already right at the upper limit of value for money. Yes, thats our issue for choosing seats there but every fan has his financial tipping point. Most STH want to sit in their normal seats for Cup games and wherever that is, they hope for value for money.
I didn't do Newcastle. Moderate opposition ( already seen them last season )lunchtime, on TV, overpriced ( £39 ) That game was my tipping point. I am doing Swansea/Arsenal. More interesting proposition. Not on TV. 3pm k.o. Still a lot of money but comes into category of ' must see '

If your ST is £600, that works out Pro Rata at £26.09 per match, including local travel and or P&R parking.

If you add in 2 cup games at £39 each, your pro rata match ticket price goes up to £27.12.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here