Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Online ticket buying confusion

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I've never had problems before but struggling at the moment. Me and two sons have ST's. I've linked up both both boys to my account under family and friends. When I log on under my account I get me and the youngest. When I log in uner my eldest's account I get me and him but not the younger one. Confused.

Hopefully they'll get is sorted over the weekend.

When you search for 'how to lnk up family and friends' on google you find a page on the Seagulls website dated 2012 - therefore with information relating to the old ticketing system.

Not sure what the glitch was when I tried earlier this evening, but I logged in again just now and have purchased my 3 tickets within a couple of minutes. Family and friends were listed correctly. Very smooth.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I haven't read through all this thread but I had a problem today too. Me and my 3 sons under 12 all have season tickets in WSU and I logged in today (after a 45 minute queue) to claim all 4 seats for the Arsenal match but one of my sons seats just didn't show up at all. I tried different web browsers, to no avail, so I called the ticket office, and it just disconnected the first 6 times I tried. On the 7th attempt I finally got in to a queuing system which took about 20 minutes. On speaking to the lady she had no idea why one of my sons was missing (she sounded very pissed off, as I would in her situation). All should suggest was logging in as my son, and trying it separately. The first 3 times I tried this, it said he had a pending ticket, but no seat was showing. I closed the browser and tried again, then I had to wait in another queue, when I eventually got in, I was able to see his seat and bought it for him.

90 minutes to buy 4 tickets and 3 hours later, the print-at-home tickets arrived in my inbox, for all 4. Yippee :)

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I keep getting a "seat not available" message when I try to proceed to the checkout...anyone got any suggestions?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I keep getting a "seat not available" message when I try to proceed to the checkout...anyone got any suggestions?

i got that earlier this afternoon but when I logged back in tonight it was ok.

My question: how do you know when your tickets are ready for printing?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
i got that earlier this afternoon but when I logged back in tonight it was ok.

My question: how do you know when your tickets are ready for printing?

You'll get an email with a PDF attached.

Just wait - it will come.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
For those of you who have been fortunate to not only be allocated seats on the system but were actually able to purchase them....the worst is still to come...
Match day comes.....30,000 print at home tickets descend on the Amex...barcodes not clear....today's queue's will be nothing compared to this..

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's the length of wait for the print at home ticket I don't get. Can you imagine having to wait 5 hours for a boarding pass or ticketmaster?

I'm not sure how long people have to wait for docs for big festivals or gigs where everyone's on at the same time but for a regular film or a boarding pass you haven't got a queue of several thousand to process at once. The queue has done its job of filtering people on to the site in small group so that there is relatively little to do for the load balancing that keeps the site up. However, each 'print at home' request has to request, create, store in a database and email to you a PDF form. If the PDF is badly designed, if the system is not configured to have everyone request a pdf or if the system testing has assumed that most people will chose mail, collect or (God forbid) Add to Smartcard then a queue can build while these requests are fulfilled. These queues have the effect of loading the database and application server and can potentially create "blocks" that themselves increase the wait time.

Basically either rushed design, limited testing or a cheap, frigged, "get it over the line" solution. What they HAVE done right is that the docs turn up eventually, they do not disappear in to a black hole and nor does the site crash. That would be much, much worse.

Russ

Rust Man
May 4, 2013
It's probably just me but I always find using this a nightmare. I have purchased my tickets for the Arsenal game and MRs H's (I think!) but I was unable to buy Hornblower junior's because the 'add a family member/friend' facility wouldn't work no matter how many times I put in his fan number and postcode. Also, I got an electronic reciept for the purchase but no word of when I would receive the 'print at home' tickets. I'm probably just being senoir but I found the whole process very clunky and vague.

I agree about the printing of the tickets. I have my electronic receipt but no instructions on how to print at home yet.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seems to me like the ticketing system was never quite ready for the new season before quick fixes were rushed through to appease the masses. Unfortunately failed its first big test. Just like...........

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I'm not sure how long people have to wait for docs for big festivals or gigs where everyone's on at the same time but for a regular film or a boarding pass you haven't got a queue of several thousand to process at once. The queue has done its job of filtering people on to the site in small group so that there is relatively little to do for the load balancing that keeps the site up. However, each 'print at home' request has to request, create, store in a database and email to you a PDF form. If the PDF is badly designed, if the system is not configured to have everyone request a pdf or if the system testing has assumed that most people will chose mail, collect or (God forbid) Add to Smartcard then a queue can build while these requests are fulfilled. These queues have the effect of loading the database and application server and can potentially create "blocks" that themselves increase the wait time.

Basically either rushed design, limited testing or a cheap, frigged, "get it over the line" solution. What they HAVE done right is that the docs turn up eventually, they do not disappear in to a black hole and nor does the site crash. That would be much, much worse.

British Airways handle around 100,000 online boarding passes each day. So I don't think volume of traffic is the issue. I appreciate they are different industries. However, if you can name another industry when a ticket that should be issued instantly has a wait of up to 9 hours, I'll take your point.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Email with print at home PDF just came through after about 3 hours 45 minutes after completing the booking. Hoorah!

Just got mine - 9 hours after payment confirmation. Hang in there chaps...😁

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It seems the solution is to use Google Chrome. Other browsers may not work right now.

will this then inform the world on facebook that "enter name" has just bought tickets for the albion arsenal game......i know it is supposed to make things easier but when these things don't work the confusion/frustration is immense....:wrong:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here