Online ticket buying confusion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Am I missing something here? Don't STHs have until Tuesday to buy their tickets? Isn't that four days away? What's the rush?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
The manager of Ticketing and Supporter Services is someone called Jenny Gower according to the club website.

Time to send her a few e-mails as it's ultimately her responsibility. The words "piss up" and "brewery" could perhaps be included.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
It is now 7 hours since I got my 'successful transaction' email and I have still not received an email with a PDF to print my tickets. Is this an NSC record?

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
i dont know if i should buy online and pick up from the ground or print from home, bit worried..
or just got to the ground and buy it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Am I missing something here? Don't STHs have until Tuesday to buy their tickets? Isn't that four days away? What's the rush?

There's no rush but there is a shambles of a ticketing system which doesn't allow you to buy your own tickets, but does make random people's seats available to you. It forgets who your friends and family are, and then makes you wait hours and hours for a print at home ticket.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Sure - leave it for four days and then try. Good luck if you experience anything then, like a lot of people have today.

Trying to buy tickets for Roz and myself, I successfully logged on and selected the two tickets I wanted: mine at the 65+ price and Roz's at the adult price. I then clicked "proceed". Up popped the following message:-

You have selected an invalid number of tickets either for this ticket owner (Bassford, Ed), at this price type, or for this event.
This may be resolved by Assigning Owners, amending the Price Type, or reducing the number of tickets you have selected.
Sorry, you cannot buy any more tickets to event Albion v Arsenal 25/01/2015 16:00
Sales to this product are limited to 1 tickets per event per history per person.

I have no idea what the "Assigning Owners" option is supposed to mean. The "Amend Price Type" option wasn't available, and I couldn't see the point of reducing the number of tickets I wanted to buy to less than the 2 I was trying to buy.

So I logged off and logged back on again to buy Roz's ticket as a single transaction - successfully, with the Print At Home process to follow.

I then logged off and logged back on again to try to buy my ticket as a separate, single transaction. What happened next? The same error message - "You have selected an invalid number of tickets either for this ticket owner, at this price type, or for this event ... blah, blah ..."

What to do next? I tried phoning the ticket office, but none of the options available on 08443271901 would get me to anyone who would listen and speak (although pre-recorded messages were available). So I phoned the general number (03443246282) and, after a wait in a queue of 25 calls that took 57 minutes to clear, I got through to speak with a helpful person who advised me to phone 08443271901 before 3pm on Saturday or 5pm on Monday, when I would find someone who could sort out the problem. Or I could travel to Falmer and see someone in person at the ticket office.

Having lost the will to live, I will spare everyone my rant, except to say ...

THIS IS AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Time to send her a few e-mails as it's ultimately her responsibility. The words "piss up" and "brewery" could perhaps be included.

I think ultimately the responsibility lays with Barber. Hope everybody who has endured grief and aggravation as a result of this shambles will e-mail Barber to express their displeasure. No CEO in their right mind would want to p*ss off their "customers"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Trying to buy tickets for Roz and myself, I successfully logged on and selected the two tickets I wanted: mine at the 65+ price and Roz's at the adult price. I then clicked "proceed". Up popped the following message:-

You have selected an invalid number of tickets either for this ticket owner (Bassford, Ed), at this price type, or for this event.
This may be resolved by Assigning Owners, amending the Price Type, or reducing the number of tickets you have selected.
Sorry, you cannot by any more tickets to event Albion v Arsenal 25/01/2015 16:00
Sales to this product are limited to 1 tickets per event per history per person.

This bit happens to everyone buying more than one ticket - at least I assume it does.

When the site lists your reserved tickets and you put check boxes against the ones you want and proceed, the site then 'forgets' who each ticket is for. Both tickets have been allocated to you, although it doesn't show that on screen anywhere. You have to click 'Assign Owners' and then make sure each ticket is allocated to a different person. You can then proceed to buy the tickets.

That's what happens for me anyway.

This theory breaks down when you get to the bit where you can't continue having bought a ticket for Roz and trying just for you. It can mean only one of two things...

- You already have a ticket bought for you for the game (unlikely)
- The ticketing site doesn't know you are an over-65 (highly likely)

You're clearly exasperated now, which I can well understand, but you could test this theory by going back in again and selecting your ticket to be a regular adult ticket. If you can proceed then you know this is the issue. You don't have to buy the ticket to test the theory - just see if you can get beyond where you got stuck. At least you'll then be able to tell the call agent at the club exactly what is wrong.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Sorry, you cannot buy any more tickets to event Albion v Arsenal 25/01/2015 16:00

I have no idea what the "Assigning Owners" option is supposed to mean. The "Amend Price Type" option wasn't available, and I couldn't see the point of reducing the number of tickets I wanted to buy to less than the 2 I was trying to buy.

So I logged off and logged back on again to buy Roz's ticket as a single transaction - successfully, with the Print At Home process to follow.

I then logged off and logged back on again to try to buy my ticket as a separate, single transaction. What happened next? The same error message - "You have selected an invalid number of tickets either for this ticket owner, at this price type, or for this event ... blah, blah ..."

What to do next? I tried phoning the ticket office, but none of the options available on 08443271901 would get me to anyone who would listen and speak (although pre-recorded messages were available). So I phoned the general number (03443246282) and, after a wait in a queue of 25 calls that took 57 minutes to clear, I got through to speak with a helpful person who advised me to phone 08443271901 before 3pm on Saturday or 5pm on Monday, when I would find someone who could sort out the problem. Or I could travel to Falmer and see someone in person at the ticket office.

Having lost the will to live, I will spare everyone my rant, except to say ...

THIS IS AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I had the same problem but although the names were greyed out, you could tick the box next to the concession ticket to your name, and then assign the other ticket to Roz. It then worked.

I agree. The whole system has been a shambles. Why can't tickets be electronically added to season tickets? Why has a new system been brought in that is far worse than the previous system? We can't have auto cup schemes on this system even though we were promised we could by December/Christmas.
The club need to come out with a statement and an apology.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I'm not feeling tolerant. Most of the afternoon now ****ed up in an unsuccessful attempt to achieve what should have been a simple transaction. Plans to do something else now cancelled too. Yet all we wanted was to buy 2 tickets. It's not so difficult, is it, for a football club to be able to run a system capable of selling tickets to football matches? Or am I missing something here?

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I had the same problem but although the names were greyed out, you could tick the box next to the concession ticket to your name, and then assign the other ticket to Roz. It then worked.

I agree. The whole system has been a shambles. Why can't tickets be electronically added to season tickets? Why has a new system been brought in that is far worse than the previous system? We can't have auto cup schemes on this system even though we were promised we could by December/Christmas.
The club need to come out with a statement and an apology.

Probably because some season ticket seats are where arsenal fans will be? At least I think that's why, it's easier for no one having it loaded than just the ones who have to sit somewhere else

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Probably because some season ticket seats are where arsenal fans will be? At least I think that's why, it's easier for no one having it loaded than just the ones who have to sit somewhere else

It didn't cause problems before this new ticketing system. We played Arsenal just two years ago to a full house, and I'm fairly sure we sold the vast majority of the seats for the two Newcastle games.

This theory breaks down when you get to the bit where you can't continue having bought a ticket for Roz and trying just for you. It can mean only one of two things...

- You already have a ticket bought for you for the game (unlikely)
- The ticketing site doesn't know you are an over-65 (highly likely)

You're clearly exasperated now, which I can well understand, but you could test this theory by going back in again and selecting your ticket to be a regular adult ticket. If you can proceed then you know this is the issue. You don't have to buy the ticket to test the theory - just see if you can get beyond where you got stuck. At least you'll then be able to tell the call agent at the club exactly what is wrong.
I might try something like you suggest, when I next have a couple of hours to spare.

In the meantime, I'll simply confirm that the site does know that I am an over-65, because the Price Type of 65+ is what is stated against my name. The option of changing this isn't available.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Nobody has answered the query - WHY ARE WE PRINTING AT HOME INSTEAD OF THE TICKET BEING ADDED TO THE SMART CARD?

I don't know the reason why, but the club did say in advance of the tickets going on sale that they would not be adding them to our smart cards and that they would be paper only.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It didn't cause problems before this new ticketing system. We played Arsenal just two years ago to a full house, and I'm fairly sure we sold the vast majority of the seats for the two Newcastle games.

Quite. I'm looking forward to the Barber email explaining this fiasco.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Premier League Ready :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports