Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Online Bass Guitar Lessons for an absolute beginner

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
LOL LOL -. Glad I don't drink at home. I would probably be woken next Tuesday by a delivery of a Grand Piano
Which is why I don't have my payment/card info set up on my phone, but Mrs B does lol...

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
This is a good place to buy backing tracks from to play along with https://www.karaoke-version.com/
You can buy the custom backing tracks only £1.99 where you can take out the bass or guitar and play along with them.
Start nice and easy something like, "She Sells Sanctuary" by the Cult, three notes on bass A C G just played over and over and you will feel like your playing in a really good band!
Of course it's a bit more tricky to play the guitar parts for your wife.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mrs B is an absolute beginner like me!

We've mucked about on Youtube but have found you do the absolute beginner lesson and then you seen to run before you can walk - obviously there are structured websites it looks like the free stuff is lesson one, then ten, then 20 but you have to pay for the ones in between, which isn't a problem, just want to "invest" in a recommended one if poss.

To give you an idea for the last couple of days I still haven't mastered the first 3 (relatively easy) notes from Another One Bites The Dust - that's my current level lol.
Oh well, 'twas just a thought! Good luck to her too, with YouTube instruction videos - they may not be that great (I wouldn't know, I've never used them) but think yourselves very lucky! Back in the day all we had was Bert Weedon's 'Play in a Day' instruction book - and if ever there was a book whose title infringed the trade descriptions act in so many ways, that was it!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
What should you aspire too? How about this combination? The tone of JJ Burnel, the slap of Mark King, the gallop of Steve Harris? Just to be going on with :)

And the Rock God pose of Peter Hook (in his New Order days) :)

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
As others have said, YouTube is your friend. It's great fun.

You might want to decide which songs or riffs you want to learn, and then type 'song title bass guitar' into YouTube.

I recently spent a rainy afternoon learning the bass lines to Bohemian Rhapsody doing this.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Try 10.15 Saturday night - the Cure

Wild thing - the trigger

Gloria - Van morrison

Anything that follows the root notes. Play along with the songs to get your timing and groove.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here