Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] O'Neill sacked by Bournemouth - and appoint Andoni Iraola

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Strange one after he kept them up.

Although a lot of people said that from the outside when we sacked CH.

Assume a change of direction in style or something has happened behind the scenes as don’t think results wise he has under performed.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
He kept us up but he probably wasn't the future and its better now than half way through next season. He served up some right dross at times so we have mixed opinions on him. We also had the core of a PL squad when we got back up, then invested heavily in January so the little old muff platitudes are probably wide of the mark, we certainly aren't a Norwich. Are we a little shocked of course but the owners are pretty minted and have a plan. Whether it plays out who knows.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
American owner may be about to throw mega money at them?

Smacks of Saints binning Atkins (who’d done well) to replace him with Poch. That did turn out well for a while.

I will laugh if GP gets the job though, back to the easy life he was so sarcastic about when he went to Chelsea

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He kept us up but he probably wasn't the future and its better now than half way through next season. He served up some right dross at times so we have mixed opinions on him. We also had the core of a PL squad when we got back up, then invested heavily in January so the little old muff platitudes are probably wide of the mark, we certainly aren't a Norwich. Are we a little shocked of course but the owners are pretty minted and have a plan. Whether it plays out who knows.
OK. I was initially surprised. But I agree with the point you make that it's better to do it now. I can actually see some parallels with the Hughton situation here. If your owners have a particular plan, I think they've done enough to be believed that they can carry it out.

Harsh on O'Neill, but hey that's the life of a football manager

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here