Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One win in nine

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
True, but I was referring to the players they are replacing in the team at the moment. Bridge was a bonus that comes around once a decade..maybe. Ward is as good as we could realistically have hoped for.
Oh what you mean like:-

Conway for Orlandi
Lita for Ulloa.

I guess if they were any 'good' they wouldn't be on loan.
Our need is greater than their ability.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The players signed as replacements are not as good as the players they are replacing, they are merely good squad players. If you really thought TB was going to put his hand in his pocket and sign players as good as Ulloa and Bridcutt you must be mad or deluded. We got lucky with Orlandi last season as a freebie and CMS may well work better in an Oscar team than a Poyet one. Once we have something resembling a 1st choice team with a few games behind them will be the time to pass judgement on whether we have regressed or not. Poyet would have spent half the games storming down the tunnel in a sulk or blowing his top in TB's office with the injury problems we have.

What is wearing thin is your attempts to run down the players and the manager at every opportunity taking NONE of the problems we have encountered into account.

Some and I'm not the only see the club going backwards and am fed up hearing excuses all the time, what is the point of signing and paying for loan players that are not good or fit enough to make a difference ? We need players at the moment who can step in and do a job now

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some and I'm not the only see the club going backwards and am fed up hearing excuses all the time, what is the point of signing and paying for loan players that are not good or fit enough to make a difference ? We need players at the moment who can step in and do a job now

You sound like you are DEMANDING and EXPECTING a better season than last season. Football doesn't work like that though and that's the beauty of it. Stop stressing, it may all come good yet. I haven't seen a post from you where you make any allowances for the problems of this season, only ones demanding a change of manager and players AGAIN, whilst also having a pop at the board :rolleyes:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
2 losses in the last 9 games! Why are we complaining!?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm WORRIED and STRESSED that we may be relegated , a top 10 finish would have done me but that looks a long way away right now

Yeah well I don't have that worry as I think things are going to improve and can see why we are where we are at the moment. I may yet join you in worrying and stressing but not for a few months yet..I'm just going to enjoy the season and I DID enjoy last night.

Stumpy Tim

Our record this season is actually very good given the injuries. If we can stay in touch (Say 6-9 points) by the time Bridcutt, Orlandi, Ulloa et al are back, then we'll have a chance of clawing back the points to challenge for the play-offs. There aren't many teams who could stay mid-table when they're missing three or four KEY players

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Yeah well I don't have that worry as I think things are going to improve and can see why we are where we are at the moment. I may yet join you in worrying and stressing but not for a few months yet..I'm just going to enjoy the season and I DID enjoy last night.

LOSE on Saturday to a poor Doncaster and FAIL to beat Blackburn will see many more WORRIED and STRESSED supporters

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
LOSE on Saturday to a poor Doncaster and FAIL to beat Blackburn will see many more WORRIED and STRESSED supporters

Lose EVERY game and we'll be relegated. We have had some bad performances Ipswich and Sheff Weds from the games I've seen. We've had some good ones Birmingham away, QPR away, Reading away and last night for instance. Last night I thought the team looked like they were "getting" the way Oscar wants us to play. Other teams won't play expansive football so we may continue to struggle as we adapt and wait for our best players to get fit and match fit but I am not going to sit here and worry about what MAY happen at the weekend or next week ffs :rolleyes:

IF we lose the next two I may get a bit twitchy but at the moment I expect us to get at least 3 points possibly 4.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Our record this season is actually very good given the injuries. If we can stay in touch (Say 6-9 points) by the time Bridcutt, Orlandi, Ulloa et al are back, then we'll have a chance of clawing back the points to challenge for the play-offs. There aren't many teams who could stay mid-table when they're missing three or four KEY players

Well said. We are performing as can be expected with a weakened squad. All that's needed is a few wins to improve our position and the confidence of the team and fans. I believe we can make the play offs again.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
We are clearly a work in progress. Sometimes it looks good, other times the players seem to be utter strangers. Mid table season, good opportunity to understand squad and move in/out players in Jan and summer should mean we are well setup for next season. I really think that is what its all about right now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But what happens if we pick up 4 or 6 points?

Does the whole garden become instantly rosy although absolutely nothing would have changed.
If anything with Ward's injury things may just have taken a turn for the worse.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Oh what you mean like:-

Conway for Orlandi
Lita for Ulloa.

I guess if they were any 'good' they wouldn't be on loan.
Our need is greater than their ability.

Sometimes it doesn't work out at their parent club but shine at others. Look at Wayne Bridge. Found his mojo with us and has lost it again at Reading.

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
You honestly think Bridcutt and Ulloa will want to stay if a Prem club comes sniffing and offers 3 times there current wages and top flight football? We've already turned down bids but I bet Tony said to them to give it this year and if we are not up then you can go. There is no way a club can carry on holding a player againtst his will, you just end up with an unhappy player which is not good for thre dressing room.

Ulloa is under contract. The club have refused approaches for bridcutt before so I expect them to do the same with ulloa. why would he scream for a move after one and a half injury interrupted seasons?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Ulloa is under contract. The club have refused approaches for bridcutt before so I expect them to do the same with ulloa. why would he scream for a move after one and a half injury interrupted seasons?

And Ulloa wouldn't join another club because he doesn't understand English and no player at the clubs who'd be interested have no Spanish speaking players. He loves it here with the Spanish players and Spanish speaking manger and staff.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I suspect we're all getting a bit twitchy but I believe that there is validity to the points about the negative effect of getting knocked out in the play-offs to you know who, the subsequent debacle with GP, Og's relatively late arrival on the scene, FFP being taken seriously, our horrendous injury list to key players and the lack of good squad players to provide effective cover, the fact that since Ulloa's injury in effect we haven't had a striker (Barnes has demonstrated he's not a front man), the players we have got trying to adjust to a new system and to OG (who is pretty much the polar opposite of GP), 4/5 new players coming in etc etc.

Under these circumstances I actually think we've done bloody well to get the points we have. Of course it is frustrating and patience testing, we have been spoilt over the last 3 seasons with GP and our expectations have been cranked up to a very high level. This season is giving us a dose of reality occasioned by an incredible run of misfortune. But I really sense that positive change is not far away. We have to hang on in there and back TB, OG and the players to the hilt. We have to ensure we're part of the solution and not part of the problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here