Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One win in nine

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So thats one win in nine now with six of them being draws.

So we've not really moved on from last season apart from Poyet got slated for so many draws and Oscar hasn't ? It's certainly beginning to look like a dodgy gamble by TB although I'll reserve complete judgement until the end of the season. Really not sold on this transitional season argument - this is part of a five year plan with or without GP and re-setting the clock is cheating !

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
So we've not really moved on from last season apart from Poyet got slated for so many draws and Oscar hasn't ? It's certainly beginning to look like a dodgy gamble by TB although I'll reserve complete judgement until the end of the season. Really not sold on this transitional season argument - this is part of a five year plan with or without GP and re-setting the clock is cheating !

Not re-setting the clock it's just been put back an hour

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Even Stevie Wonder can see we've regressed this season and the injury excuse is wearing thin, the problem is that the players we signed as replacements apart from Ward are not good enough

One step backwards .......
When Andrews signed I bet he nor us thought he would be ever present in the starting 11 but with Orlandi,Bridcutt, AGESTEIN all injured & Lopez loss of form he's probably had more game time than expected, was bought as a strengthening the squad Player never a replacement for any of the above

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Even Stevie Wonder can see we've regressed this season and the injury excuse is wearing thin, the problem is that the players we signed as replacements apart from Ward are not good enough

Yeah, that Matthew Upson is rubbish, eh?

Personally I think this was always going to happen. We have invested a lot in players over the past couple of seasons, but then so have most other teams - many with the benefits of parachute payments from the PL. We did very well last season, but there was always a risk that we wouldn't reach those lofty heights this season - even if Gus had stayed, which he was never going to. Other teams have got stronger, and don't have a handful of their key players out injured.

Lopez's Left foot

Oct 21, 2013
Chill out, Garcia will prove to be a better manager given time, Poyet was amazing, but we all knew what he wanted, Garcia is the real deal, next season, he will have us fighting for Promotion

Based on what exactly? All the signs suggest that next year will be even more tough than this year. We have pretty much no chance of having Leo and Bridders next season as they will be attracting major interest from Premiership sides and both will want to be playing at the top level. You then only have to look at the players who are out of contract in the summer: Kuzszack, Upson, Lua Lua and Orlandi. That in my opinion is our current best 6 players and there is a fair chance none of them will be playing in the white and blue stripes next year. I think the future is looking pretty bleak :nono:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Based on what exactly? All the signs suggest that next year will be even more tough than this year. We have pretty much no chance of having Leo and Bridders next season as they will be attracting major interest from Premiership sides and both will want to be playing at the top level. You then only have to look at the players who are out of contract in the summer: Kuzszack, Upson, Lua Lua and Orlandi. That in my opinion is our current best 6 players and there is a fair chance none of them will be playing in the white and blue stripes next year. I think the future is looking pretty bleak :nono:
God how do you get up in the morning?

So you don't think any of those players will sign for the Championship champions looking to cement their place in the Premier League, at palace's expense.
Dream on.

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill

Not that I don't know any of the people but can't see where kuzszack, upson or lua lua will go for a better deal next year. Ulloa has a long term contract so no need to sell him. Bridcutt or Orlando may or may not go. Future is very bright for the club.

Lopez's Left foot

Oct 21, 2013
Not that I don't know any of the people but can't see where kuzszack, upson or lua lua will go for a better deal next year. Ulloa has a long term contract so no need to sell him. Bridcutt or Orlando may or may not go. Future is very bright for the club.

You honestly think Bridcutt and Ulloa will want to stay if a Prem club comes sniffing and offers 3 times there current wages and top flight football? We've already turned down bids but I bet Tony said to them to give it this year and if we are not up then you can go. There is no way a club can carry on holding a player againtst his will, you just end up with an unhappy player which is not good for thre dressing room.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You honestly think Bridcutt and Ulloa will want to stay if a Prem club comes sniffing and offers 3 times there current wages and top flight football? We've already turned down bids but I bet Tony said to them to give it this year and if we are not up then you can go. There is no way a club can carry on holding a player againtst his will, you just end up with an unhappy player which is not good for thre dressing room.
But they will be Premier League players next season, with the added bonus of not moving to another country, like Sunderland.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We have lost 2 out of the last 11 games.

Wins 3
Draws 6
Losses 2

Points 15

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

The players signed as replacements are not as good as the players they are replacing, they are merely good squad players. If you really thought TB was going to put his hand in his pocket and sign players as good as Ulloa and Bridcutt you must be mad or deluded. We got lucky with Orlandi last season as a freebie and CMS may well work better in an Oscar team than a Poyet one. Once we have something resembling a 1st choice team with a few games behind them will be the time to pass judgement on whether we have regressed or not. Poyet would have spent half the games storming down the tunnel in a sulk or blowing his top in TB's office with the injury problems we have.

What is wearing thin is your attempts to run down the players and the manager at every opportunity taking NONE of the problems we have encountered into account.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The players signed as replacements are not as good as the players they are replacing, they are merely good squad players.
I'd go further than that:-

Agustien for Dicker - deal
Andrews for Hammond - deal
Chicksen for Painter - deal
Ward for Bridge - No deal, but I'll take it if I have too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd go further than that:-

Agustein for Dicker - deal
Andrews for Hammond - deal
Chicksen for Painter - deal
Ward for Bridge - No deal, but I'll take it if I have too.

True, but I was referring to the players they are replacing in the team at the moment. Bridge was a bonus that comes around once a decade..maybe. Ward is as good as we could realistically have hoped for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here