Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One thing the club should definitely be applauded for...getting youngsters at Falmer

Son of PC Bins

Dec 22, 2011
I've got a seson ticket with my 9yr old step son and he's loving it!

Like a lot of youngsters he used to follow Man U but now it's Brighton all the way. Was concerned that the withdean experience might put him off in the long term but he looks forward to very game now - tbh i'm not sure whether he's more excited about Christmas or the Saints game!

Fantastic stadium, fantastic evironment and atmosphere - he soaks it up like a sponge.

For me it's nice as it was at his age that I first went to the North Stand at the Goldstone and I have many happy memories of those early years.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Both my boys are now 100% Albion, even the one who doesn't particularly like football. The Falmer experience really excites him.

We've taken a succession of friends along when one of my sons can't make it and they've all been blown away. Even the one who supports Pompey!

Well done to the club for making the matchday an affordable and enjoyable experience for youngsters.

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Also helps that they don't have to listen to the half-wit glory hunters calling them faggots all the time at school as I did for most of my life still happens a bit but Im used to it

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Never seen so many Albion emblems on hats, tops, shirts etc.. when walking round town. Good times.

Last edited:

regular readers 'never get tired' of hearing about my boy, the excitement every time we drive over the Falmer Rd, "Daddy! Seagull! 'ootball!" He's not 3 until March but has been to The Albion over three diffrent seasons, (A stat i'm very proud of) he loves going although sometimes I miss the goals , if he's been good for 88 minutes I don't want him to wait too long for a bus!

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
Talking to a Leeds supporting mate the other day (who now attends the Amex with one of his boys) said 7 of the boys that play for the under 8's Henfield team, turn up in full Brighton kit week after week, happy days, and Mr Bloom should be congratulated on this, as it was part of his master plan.

From a personal point of view, when you see all the boys and girls at a home game, you know the club has a bright future ahead, for many years to come.

I suspect having Mr Buckley and CMS as regular attendees at Henfield primary school helps matters, but fair play to everyone involved from top to bottom :clap2:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Taking my 16yo g'daughter to the Wrexham game, her 1st Albion game at Amex.

She's seen 1 at Withers and also the England U19 but this will be different and in WSU.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The club have done a great job, as they needed to. It is clear from this thread and others, there had been almost a lost generation of kids, and the Amex was a great chance to start afresh. The opportunity has certainly not been wasted, so credit where it's due.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Paul Camillin tweet just now

Txt just in from a fan: What a fantastic sight! Just driven past 30 kids training. 2 Man U, 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal. The remainder #BHAFC.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I used to be a glory hunter but was converted at the age of 10. There's only 3 Brighton fans in SRWA (Boundstone, Lancing) Sixth form. I might invite a few people along to the Amex to try and convert them. Although it generally seems to be more difficult to convert people the older they get.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Its great to see so many young kids wearing Brighton colours, also young kids in the east stand getting exciting to burst into song on hearing the north stand start a chant.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I worked in Preston Park over the Summer. There is still work to be done on the home town front, but it was wonderful to see so many Brighton shirts floating about. Pretty much at least 50% for most training sessions.

I am not a parent yet, but would definitely force my children (if I have any) to support the local team.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I used to be a glory hunter but was converted at the age of 10. There's only 3 Brighton fans in SRWA (Boundstone, Lancing) Sixth form. I might invite a few people along to the Amex to try and convert them. Although it generally seems to be more difficult to convert people the older they get.

You get them to a real game (rather than TV) and the job will be done. Nearly everyone who has been to the Amex get's hooked. The whole football experience will be something they want to do again and, although they may not instantly become Albion, chances are they will in time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here