Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One thing the club should definitely be applauded for...getting youngsters at Falmer

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The number of children that go to the games is absolutely brilliant. I go to quite a few away games and I can't recall seeing as many kiddies at other grounds as at Falmer. The AITC, free Gully's Gang, players at schools...all of the hard work the club have done will really reap dividends in the future IMO.

I was worried a few years back when you looked at the age demographic of the fans esp noticeable in away games but I don't think I have those worries now. What do others think? Do you think there are more children at Falmer than other clubs or is it just back up to normal levels?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was going to post something similar. I think we've managed to re-connect with the 'lost generation' much quicker than I thought we would. (Notice I said 're-connect' not 're-capture' as we've still got to keep them when the novelty wears off and/or we slip back down towards League One).

Certainly walking around Brighton you see FAR more kids in Albion tops than you ever did before, in fact I'd say they outnumber all the premiership tops added together - probably about 60/70% at a very rough unscientific guesstimate.

Credit to all the parents - and the club of course.

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
From a dad's perspective it's a no brainer.
It works out about £30 for my boy & I to go to Falmer once a fortnight. We're doing something that we both love and look forward to immensely. I never took him to Withdean as I feared it would put him off.
Less traipsing round Drusillas, less Monkey F***ing Business, less of all the other nonsense I used to waste money on just to grin and bear it.
And under £2 for the Wrexham game! Come on now!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Agreed my boy is a confirmed Albion addict now and with a couple of other young Albion fans trying to convert the glory hunters at school (in Horsham) to the light side. My 4 year old daughter now wants to come each Saturday and I am in the process of converting my cousins boy who moved from London to Haywards Heath.

With the support of the club I am on a mission to convert all children in Sussex to see the light :)

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Took my godson and my nieghbour's son to the last two games, now Albion fans for life.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I have been hoping to see the stripes replace the Man U and Chelsea kits in these parts for some time. I have bought my brothers kids (11 and 8, both *helsea fans) albion shirts and he has bought mine (4 and 6) the same. Nothing pleases me more than seeing kids in parks wearing the Albion colours. I was talking to my youngest cousin who is now 21 about the Goldstone. He was SEVEN years old when we lost it, himself and his friends have never know any better. They are all desperate for tickets, I LOVE it!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
The club have done well. So much so my little girl asked to visit the ground yesterday as she couldnt wait until the Southampton game.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's a very good point as Mini my 14 year old has now caught the away days bug as well - he has been to Leicester, Ipswich, Southampton and Middlesbrough already this season.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
gree,my 14 year old lad has been coming to aways for a few years now,but he is now asking if his mates can come,ive told him as long as it doesnt effect my beer and card school on the train lol

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
gree,my 14 year old lad has been coming to aways for a few years now,but he is now asking if his mates can come,ive told him as long as it doesnt effect my beer and card school on the train lol

Here Empire, you're over Lancing way. What's it now like at the schools that way? My nephews in E Worthing said that a few years ago hardly anyone was BHA but it's coming back big time. I hope so because as a Worthing boy originally I take great pride in the BHA support from Worthing/Lancing. It would be great to think that in years to come the Worthing/Lancing BHA connection remains as strong.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
fella is getting very big now mate,platforms are full on match days,my lad has a lancing bha flag made up,and a lot of his buddies from worthing rebels fc,are starting to come and watch,afte ri got 60 of them to watch the recent england youth game,they all have the buzz,most were always suppoerting yids,mancs etc.
It can only grow ,and with bloom and poyet,reckon we have the winning formula

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
fella is getting very big now mate,platforms are full on match days,my lad has a lancing bha flag made up,and a lot of his buddies from worthing rebels fc,are starting to come and watch,afte ri got 60 of them to watch the recent england youth game,they all have the buzz,most were always suppoerting yids,mancs etc.

that is music to my ears. Cheers for the info mate. Great time to be an Albion fan.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
My son loves it he has been away to Ispwich and Birmingham his first away trips not bad for a four year old!.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The club have done brilliantly on this, the only pity is my daughter hasn't got a footballing bone in her body and would rather spend her time worshipping at the altar of Harry Alouicious Styles of One Direction so unfortunately the blue and white obssession in our family - just me - will die with me.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Interesting Mini who is 14 moved to Worthing Utd Youth around a month ago and loads of BHAFC regular kids that go to the Amex and away

stupendor

Feb 21, 2010
The club have done brilliantly on this, the only pity is my daughter hasn't got a footballing bone in her body and would rather spend her time worshipping at the altar of Harry Alouicious Styles of One Direction so unfortunately the blue and white obssession in our family - just me - will die with me.

I know exactly how you feel mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here