Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Question...Honest answers only!

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Wow, That's a bit ungracious. You take all the plaudits from a load of lickers, one person disagrees slightly and you go completely over the top.
in my opinion, your opening post is fine except you seem to forget that other teams have problems too. Oscar has had plenty to work with. hence we are top ten.
I hope that doesn't make me too much of a prick.

No, not ungracious at all!

Firstly, it's not my first post.

Secondly, this post simply asked what people would have guessed would happen if they knew all the bad points, it doesn't say don't make an allowance for other team's failings or the Albion's 'against the odds performances' nor did I say that this was a list that would prevent us going up!

His answer was unhelpful, meaningless and made him out to be a prick. Your answer was ok.

As for accepting the 'lickers' comments, I don't come on here believing that we are against each other or for each other. This is a forum for people to express views, hopefully constructively, to put their opinion across. I don't have time for idiots who just want to try and twist the whole post back onto the OP and try to make him/her look stupid by coming out with a comment that they think makes them look big or clever.

It is a good post with a genuine point to it and he answered in a prickish way, end of.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ok, if I had told you before the 2nd leg of the palace game that:

1 We will lose to palace
2 Gus would be sacked messily
3 We will appoint a man with one season as a manager, in Israel, and had never played or coached in England
4 Our player of the year would get injured, sulk and leave
5 One of our 2 regular scorers will be injured a lot
6 The other will be sold
7 Orlandi will hardly play
8 Lopez will be a shadow of his former self
9 Buckley will be injured a lot
10 CMS will not be fit for the whole season
11 Hoskins will not be fit for the whole season
12 AEA will be sold
13 Wayne Bridge will leave
14 We will only sign 3 players on permanent contracts and they would be a lower league left back and 2 midfielders
15 Leicester, QPR, Reading, Forest will spend millions
16 Development squad players will feature heavily in pretty much every game

What position would you have guessed we would finish this season?

Be honest!!

Answering honestly, as an Albion fan - I wouldn't have had a clue. Was worried at starting the season with a weaker squad than we ended last season with, even more concerned when we further weakened over the January transfer window - so all in all, guess I should be pleased to be where we are now. Will still be gutted if we miss out next Saturday, though.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Ok, if I had told you before the 2nd leg of the palace game that:

1 We will lose to palace
2 Gus would be sacked messily
3 We will appoint a man with one season as a manager, in Israel, and had never played or coached in England
4 Our player of the year would get injured, sulk and leave
5 One of our 2 regular scorers will be injured a lot
6 The other will be sold
7 Orlandi will hardly play
8 Lopez will be a shadow of his former self
9 Buckley will be injured a lot
10 CMS will not be fit for the whole season
11 Hoskins will not be fit for the whole season
12 AEA will be sold
13 Wayne Bridge will leave
14 We will only sign 3 players on permanent contracts and they would be a lower league left back and 2 midfielders
15 Leicester, QPR, Reading, Forest will spend millions
16 Development squad players will feature heavily in pretty much every game

What position would you have guessed we would finish this season?

Be honest!!

Never a dull moment following the Albion !!

This roller coaster has so many twists and turns, so strap in, hold tight and scream if you want to go faster !!

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
If we had had Blackburn's season, i.e. bumbled along in mid table and finished like a train, then I would have been very happy considering all of the issues the OP mentions. However with the play offs so tantalisingly in reach I will be gutted if we miss out . In answer to the original question ? ......fence :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here