Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Question...Honest answers only!

Feb 14, 2010
None of this (most of which happened almost a year ago) excuses the last 6/8 weeks. I dont blame Garcia, the blame rests with the players. You also cancontinue to find excuses why this club continues to fail, despite its large support (its not the first time in history we have had the 9th biggest support in the country despite playing lower league football). Its time we judged this football club as the rest of the country judges theirs. No different. As the BBC report.. "you have to earn the right to play in front of a large support" so lets start expecting that our players understand that and as followers of the Albion lets raise the bar on what we expect.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
8th
Ok, if I had told you before the 2nd leg of the palace game that:

1 We will lose to palace
2 Gus would be sacked messily
3 We will appoint a man with one season as a manager, in Israel, and had never played or coached in England
4 Our player of the year would get injured, sulk and leave
5 One of our 2 regular scorers will be injured a lot
6 The other will be sold
7 Orlandi will hardly play
8 Lopez will be a shadow of his former self
9 Buckley will be injured a lot
10 CMS will not be fit for the whole season
11 Hoskins will not be fit for the whole season
12 AEA will be sold
13 Wayne Bridge will leave
14 We will only sign 3 players on permanent contracts and they would be a lower league left back and 2 midfielders
15 Leicester, QPR, Reading, Forest will spend millions
16 Development squad players will feature heavily in pretty much every game

What position would you have guessed we would finish this season?

Be honest!!

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Good points. But you only highlighted the bad things that happened. You did not mention that the coach from Israel won the league last year at a club who had not been top of the pile for a decade. You did not mention that we brought in a premier league LB to replace bridge. You did not mention that we kept Upson at the club for another year. You did not mention that we got one of the brightest prospects from Man Utd on loan for the last 15 games of the season.

In answer to your question, 10th.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Tony thought we would be in the play-offs
so there is your answer
must say I have thought all through the season it would be near impossible but the mans right .....or nearly right

Think it says a lot about his ability to out think/out maths Bookies over the years. He's an incredibly shrewd cookie.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

1 We will lose to palace
3 We will appoint a man with one season as a manager, in Israel, and had never played or coached in England
6 The other will be sold
12 AEA will be sold
14 We will only sign 3 players on permanent contracts and they would be a lower league left back and 2 midfielders

Be honest!!

Mid table. Delighted the last game has something on it.

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
These are all great points, I know I should be pleased how the seasons has turned out! It's just that the closer you get to the play offs and possible promotion the more you want it! When you see some players play poorly when you have seen them play better its disappointing, no doubt when the season is over I will look at it a bit differently but for now it feels like we have under achieved. We have had the opportunities, mind you so have all the other teams around us! Up The Albion!

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Oh excellent post. Good point. Somewhere between and including 10th and 7th

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Thanks for all the answers.

My point of highlighting the bad things was just to show how well we have recovered. There were obviously good things as well, like keeping Upson and loaning in Ward.

The reality is that, despite the last few weeks being average in terms of points gained, we go into the final game of the season still right in the mix. If we don't make the playoffs the initial feelings will be bad but if we take everything into account, across the whole season, and remember the points I've raised; we should be very pleased and proud of the overall effort by the players and the management team.

Up the Albion!!!!!!

1 We will lose to palace
6 The other will be sold
12 AEA will be sold

Be honest!!

I'd guess I'd wonder why the club was appointing a man who still appears in the list of reasons compiled by a fan at the end of the season of why we won't get promoted.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
I'd guess I'd wonder why the club was appointing a man who still appears in the list of reasons compiled by a fan at the end of the season of why we won't get promoted.

Would you really?

I hope your other 14,0000 posts don't make you look as big a pri** as that answer does :tosser:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
To be honest i was amazed we got back to the 2nd tier within 5 years of the final day at Hereford...
So the ride (yes we could have done this that or the other better or not at all).....is still enjoyable no matter what happens at Forest.
Anyway in answer to the OP.........mid table

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Would you really?

I hope your other 14,0000 posts don't make you look as big a pri** as that answer does :tosser:

Wow, That's a bit ungracious. You take all the plaudits from a load of lickers, one person disagrees slightly and you go completely over the top.
in my opinion, your opening post is fine except you seem to forget that other teams have problems too. Oscar has had plenty to work with. hence we are top ten.
I hope that doesn't make me too much of a prick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here