Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One for NSC's punks

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
that's a fair point,3 or 4 years either side and maybe it wouldn't have happened for them

obviously the latter albums (except the Meninblack) pretty much tapped into the mood at the time

I loved the rawness of punk,had some great nights down the Rank & Brighton Poly

but the Stranglers always had a little more to offer

they headlined the first night at Reading & supported the Who at Wembley,an average punk band couldn't do this

Down In The Sewer,Walk On By,they were/are very accomplished musicians also

I was at the Wembley gig, AC/DC, The Stranglers and The Who. It was the day Brighton played Arsenal in their first ever div 1 match. Hugh Cornwell opened their se by asking "Any Brighton fans here?", and responding to the cheers with "You lost 4-0". He hated Brighton because he got banged up there by the OB.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I was at the Wembley gig, AC/DC, The Stranglers and The Who. It was the day Brighton played Arsenal in their first ever div 1 match. Hugh Cornwell opened their se by asking "Any Brighton fans here?", and responding to the cheers with "You lost 4-0". He hated Brighton because he got banged up there by the OB.

well,he is from North London

he was a bit more cordial at the Centre in 1979

the night we drew with Arsenal (funny enough) in the league cup

"looks like your be travelling north next week,you drew tonight"

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Would you consider The Stranglers to be punk?

If so, it's worth considering Jet Black is only two and a bit years off being 80.
No, I wouldn't class them as punk but then again their probably well pleased with that.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here