Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] On this day in 1997

Nicks

Were you like me and one of the lucky ones who tramped all the way up to Gillingham midweek to watch this ???

This is my reality check when we lose etc now.
FB_IMG_1699169536792.jpg

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yes.

The same evening as Man U v Barcelona CL tie was shown on TV.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Midweek games at Priestfield were the limit for me. Too hard to get to from where I lived at the time without a car.

I was listening to the Undr The Cosh podcast interview with Brian Horton the other day and it blew my mind to think that Port Vale poached our manager. Try explaining that to anyone under 20!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Legends - all of you 🙏

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
We'd actually looked solid before that – drew 0-0 at Hull and Hartlepool in the two games immediately beforehand.

Think it was Paul Emblen's debut and we were all hoping he'd help us win games if we could keep the clean sheets going. Valur Gislason definitely played. Memorably anonymous.

The atmosphere wasn't that bad as there were a few hundred people on the terrace and no-one had any expectations but the morale among the players was clearly low low as Gritt had told five senior players they were transfer-listed because we were skint and we didn't have the squad to make any changes to the line-up.

Also the start of a rank run. Lost at Pissfield to Rotherham that Satdi and got knocked out of the cup by Hereford, which was a bit of a "you won, Jane" moment.

Nicks

We'd actually looked solid before that – drew 0-0 at Hull and Hartlepool in the two games immediately beforehand.

Think it was Paul Emblen's debut and we were all hoping he'd help us win games if we could keep the clean sheets going. Valur Gislason definitely played. Memorably anonymous.

The atmosphere wasn't that bad as there were a few hundred people on the terrace and no-one had any expectations but the morale among the players was clearly low low as Gritt had told five senior players they were transfer-listed because we were skint and we didn't have the squad to make any changes to the line-up.

Also the start of a rank run. Lost at Pissfield to Rotherham that Satdi and got knocked out of the cup by Hereford, which was a bit of a "you won, Jane" moment.
Never forgotten Paul Emblen's hat trick against Colchester on Boxing Day up there.
We won 4-3 I'm sure if memory serves me correctly.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We were indeed there. Drove there in my Renault Megane Coupe.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I wasnt going to go as normally went to the midweek matches with my brother and held cried off. Then for reasons I can’t remember (stupidity can’t be ruled out) went at the last minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here