Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On the way back from Sheff Wed

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
At least we can claim we have beaten the league leaders now..........been a while since we have been able to say that !

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
THe last post on their Forum has it.......Brighton are a well organised disciplined team. However they may fall short without better strikers.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
THe last post on their Forum has it.......Brighton are a well organised disciplined team. However they may fall short without better strikers.

I think we all agree on that !
( And I'm sure one will arrive on Jan 1st, rather than transfer deadline day ).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
How was the atmosphere at Hillsborough?

Traditional Northern ground in a footballing city. Team on a run of form and just beaten Arsenal.

Presumably it made The Amex sound like the library in a Trappist monastery down to its last monk...?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Given the reorganised team that CH was obliged to field last night against an in form Wednesday I think a point is a very decent outcome. Neither side created any really clear chances. Credit must go to our defence for being very solid and mostly shutting them out. Dunk and Hunemeier were immense.

The closest we came to scoring was during a series of goalmouth scrambles when that vital final toe punt eluded us. We also fudged a couple of promising moves when our players lost their footing at the wrong moment.

It was a new experience to visit Hillsborough and come away without feeling that we'd been bullied all over the pitch. Under their new coach Wednesday are no longer a blunt instrument and actually played football, which IMO helped us to play a more settled game. Plus the atmosphere seemed quite muted.

On reflection I feel that Reading offered a greater goal threat, and created more uncertainty at the back for us. Either way we've coped well with two difficult away games with a depleted squad, emerged intact and still well in contention. Well done to CH and the boys.

Bring on MK Dons, hopefully for a right battering.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Traditional Northern ground in a footballing city. Team on a run of form and just beaten Arsenal.

Presumably it made The Amex sound like the library in a Trappist monastery down to its last monk...?

Indeed. After all people say the Amex is quiet. It isnt it really, really isnt.

OK its not the San Siro on derby day or someone banging a drum in a ramshackle shit hole up the road but these other cauldrons of noise Elland Road, St Andrews etc are like morgues so lets stop this myth.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Decent game, 2 good, well organised teams. I'll be surprised if you don't maintain your league position (at least) and would hope we're up there with you at the end. March looks a very good player for you lot. See you at the reverse fixture.

Welcome. March is highly promising, but gets a lot of stick on here because his end-product is all too often lacking. He'll improve on that front in my view, and we'll have one hell of a player on our books. We do need a top quality forward if we're going to be up there near the end of the season.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
Hemed will score us 20+ goals this season.

Please every one stop crying out for another striker. Its not how it works.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You might be on your own there, but we'd all be delighted if you're right.

What do you mean, not how it works?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I have just read a research by a USA uni which says that cheering the team on makes no difference whatsoever to their achievments. Does that mean we can all sit in silence and watch at The Amex.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You might be on your own there, but we'd all be delighted if you're right.

What do you mean, not how it works?
Yeh, the transfer budget and policy is based on NSC polls and BG's suggestions, isn't it?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I doubt that, but even if you think so, surely you would welcome another starting option for the times when Hemed is either unfit, suspended or just out of form?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I have just read a research by a USA uni which says that cheering the team on makes no difference whatsoever to their achievments. Does that mean we can all sit in silence and watch at The Amex.

Obviously this is all in one sentence and it is from this hard to see what exactly they are getting at. However, on the surface it does seem odd, to say the least - how else would you explain that home records are so often better than away. Of course, it could be the pitch, the ground, the weather etc, but surely singularly the crowd roaring you on must be the best motivator.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Obviously this is all in one sentence and it is from this hard to see what exactly they are getting at. However, on the surface it does seem odd, to say the least - how else would you explain that home records are so often better than away. Of course, it could be the pitch, the ground, the weather etc, but surely singularly the crowd roaring you on must be the best motivator.

There was a point last night when the crowd got behind Wednesday and that bloody drum was beating we couldn't get the ball. After a while we managed to string a few passes together, the crowd went quiet and we were back to a level game. To all those who couldn't get away I parked in the street about a mile away and was back in my hotel room in Rotherham just after 10.30. Finally, shortly after kick off a chap was taken ill a few rows behind me round about row 13 does anyone know how he is.

theboybilly

Just back this afternoon after staying overnight. I thought Albion were great last night and looked the real deal. At no point did I ever feel we would lose that game. As the home side I thought Wednesday posed no real threat after Stockdale's early save which those behind the Owl's goal thought was in. They huffed and puffed but Brighton were by far the classier side. Midway through the 2nd half they made a change up front and it was interesting to see that the first thing the sub did was try to clatter Uwe. The BFG handled this easily and soon both him and Dunk had regained the initiative. Wednesday had their moments as is to be expected but I cant say I was overly impressed.
When I left my hotel this morning I got chatting to a chap in Wednesday's training kit. It turns out he was checking a couple of Bulgarian lads into accomodation as they are being assessed by the recruitment team. They have lots of strikers on the books but not much coming through the ranks. We spoke of Kojika of Bristol City agreeing what a prospect he is. The Wednesday man told me he was on their club's radar but opted for City instead but that Wednesday really should have tried harder.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

That's what we DO do at the Amex.

Seems to be working wonders this year. Our utter indifference is spurring the lads on to new heights.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just had a message from a mate who supports Wednesday and he was chuffed with a point, saying we are a force to be reckoned with and subdued them better than Arsenal could. He also mentioned that a BHA fan received CPR in the ground was this true, he hopes they are ok. He is a paramedic himself as it happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here