Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On the 1928 from Nottingha

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It was very upsetting, there were nearly fights on two occasions (and I mean nearly-thankfully someone had the presence of mind to calm it down). And lots of very loud and extremely anti-social stuff going on. There were lots of kids in carriage, and the poor bloke sitting next to me was really quite worried by it all.

I had a chat with another away regular who was there and he was really annoyed. The state of part of carriage when everyone got off was appalling. I think I gave the best summary at the start, it was very upsetting.
Must of been just your carriage as I had a pleasant return journey with my kids on the 18.02 but yes we do have some idiots just like any other club I guess

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
It was very upsetting, there were nearly fights on two occasions (and I mean nearly-thankfully someone had the presence of mind to calm it down). And lots of very loud and extremely anti-social stuff going on. There were lots of kids in carriage, and the poor bloke sitting next to me was really quite worried by it all.

I had a chat with another away regular who was there and he was really annoyed. The state of part of carriage when everyone got off was appalling. I think I gave the best summary at the start, it was very upsetting.

Must have been the same carriage I was in.

Looked like the so - called fathers of these kids were pissed as ********s and just let the kids run riot. They were just throwing stuff around the carriage with their old men just shovelling more and more alcohol down there throats, even getting the kids to pass them the beer. Kids were calling people peodo's and singing your to ugly to be gay..... Not good at all

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton

Looked like the so - called fathers of these kids were pissed as ********s and just let the kids run riot. They were just throwing stuff around the carriage with their old men just shovelling more and more alcohol down there throats, even getting the kids to pass them the beer. Kids were calling people peodo's and singing your to ugly to be gay..... Not good at all

That's the one.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
On Talks**t during the Palace game last night they posed the question: Which four league teams have 'ton' in their names?

This one came up last week. I think Talksport had some kind of 'win a van' competition. The question was 'Name the 13 Premiership and Football League clubs with 'ton' in their name'.

I managed to get 12 almost straight away and the 13th came to me a bit later.

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath

Sounds like the same group that was in the carriage with me on the way up to Nottingham. Several dads with their kids. The fathers well oiled before they even got to Nottingham. One was even swigging whisky in a glass. Had the kids dishing out the booze to the adults and they were giving the poor ticket lady on the train a hardish time on the way up.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Much as its fashionable to bait Naylor on here, I can't say I blame him. If he's sober & trying to work & a load of- I don't think I'm being unfair here- "well oiled" Albion fans descend & start pestering him with the sort of questions I imagine were posed, then it probably is quite annoying.

Don't tell me, Uncle Buck: you just wanted a civilised chat about the game & the merits of the transfer window, right :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't tell me, Uncle Buck: you just wanted a civilised chat about the game & the merits of the transfer window, right :wink:

And I wonder how many times the word Stoke peppered the questioning? :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do you know that Port Vale are the only team in the league not to be named after a town or city, or something like that?

On a point of pedantry Notts County are not named after a town or a city. Neither are Forest for that matter.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lots in Scotland. Rangers. Celtic. Hibs. Raith Rovers.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
I was in the same carriage with my 14yr old son. It was one of the most unpleasant 2 hrs of my life; having to sit there listening to drunken fathers encouraging their young (primary school age) sons to sing inappropriate songs!

No excuses!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here