Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On being kept prisoner at the New Den

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
After being locked in at the old Cold blow lane ground for over an hour after we knocked them out of the play offs in 91. And witnessing the locals fight O.B and burn their police helmets on the terrace.
25 minutes after the game seems pretty reasonable to me

After being locked in at the old Cold blow lane ground for over an hour after we knocked them out of the play offs in 91. And witnessing the locals fight O.B and burn their police helmets on the terrace.
25 minutes after the game seems pretty reasonable to me

THIS plus 1985 was not a quick exit??? cheers fergie:facepalm: 76 you could leave at anytime:ohmy:

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
I am tall, but those few seconds when you lose control of your moment as the crowd bottle necks to get through the narrow gate quite frankly scares the hell out of me. Surely much better to allow fans to end the walkway at the outset...

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
More scary was being pushed onto the train without having control of my own movement. Some people are very impatient. Was that you OP?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
5.17pm before they opened the gates and we were permitted to leave ... that's about 25 mins after the game ended. Unacceptable. According to the police it was "for our own protection"! I can look after myself perfectly well thank you if I meet some Millwall supporters. They are woosies outside the protection of their stadium.

I shall be writing to the Millwall Chief Executive and the Police Complaints Authority questioning what authority they have to lock us up against our will.

Some might be, most aren't, you'd be quiet as a mouse on your way back to south bermondsey and wouldn't be anywhere near as forthcoming with these type of views had you been let out at the same time as them.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
We weren't held in a couple of years ago. Evening game, Harley missed pen game.

Both sets of fans left the ground at the same time that night.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
THIS plus 1985 was not a quick exit??? cheers fergie:facepalm: 76 you could leave at anytime:ohmy:

Didn't we end their longstanding unbeaten home record. Story goes that the players were told NOT to celebrate if they won until they got back to the dressing room - which they duly did, only to find two Millwall fans waiting for them... Remember play-offs 1991, at least an hour and a half, and I remember my dad making me turn my JC Football Genius t-shirt inside out!!! Great night though. Also recall at the start of next season one of their fans drop-kicked John Robinson from the top of the fence, was like a WWF move...

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
5.17pm before they opened the gates and we were permitted to leave ... that's about 25 mins after the game ended. Unacceptable. According to the police it was "for our own protection"! I can look after myself perfectly well thank you if I meet some Millwall supporters. They are woosies outside the protection of their stadium.

I shall be writing to the Millwall Chief Executive and the Police Complaints Authority questioning what authority they have to lock us up against our will.

You were not being kept prisoner.

Stop being a cry baby

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I've always thought it would be better to let the away fans out first (if they believe a risk of confrontations) as they are generally a lot smaller and have further to travel.

However, I guess it is easier to police a small group of irate people with less exits as opposed to a large group with multiple exits.

The Amex would be a site to behold if they ever tried that!

I suspect the East Stand would still clear at 80 minutes regardless of the score and they'd all go and queue at the exits!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
5.17pm before they opened the gates and we were permitted to leave ... That's about 25 mins after the game ended. Unacceptable. According to the police it was "for our own protection"! I can look after myself perfectly well thank you if i meet some millwall supporters. They are woosies outside the protection of their stadium.

I shall be writing to the millwall chief executive and the police complaints authority questioning what authority they have to lock us up against our will.

cooooorrr well ard !!!

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I was pissed of at the wait. I wanted to go in Arry's bar to meet mates. ****ing piss take.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Was quite surprised how quick it was. If I remember if was about 45 minutes last year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here