On a scale of 1-10 how excited are you?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
wrote bobbins, ignore

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I'm cacking myself. But it's nothing to do with football.

Otherwise, quite excited!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Target no 1 is 4th place. If we get this either by default on Tuesday or on Saturday my excitement levels will rise from a relative calm at the moment (say 3) to a drunken 7 on Saturday night. After that, and on sobering up on Sunday, I anticipate becoming a stumbling nervous wreck over the next few days, a slump back down to 3 rising to a mind blowing 10 on the eve of the first play-off game - I'm booking the psychiatric outreach team in, gonna need it!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
5/10,might rise when its confirmed we have the scum???upto about 7,
if we make final 9/10,one off game but feel watford would win(badfan).happy to stay in this league tbh

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Since being a kid at school I've always worn my Brighton shirt with pride. I was told relentlessly that 'Brighton are shit' which really hurts when your a kid, but I hid it. Those kids wore the same old 'top 4' shirts.. I see a few of them at the Amex now a days, which makes me smile. In a way I feel like Brighton has proved them wrong - weird I know.

I've always followed Brighton and I've always dreamed of seeing us in the top flight mixing it with the big boys of English football. Now it might be on the cards I'm incredibly excited. I'm excited for the 6 year old me and the prospect of finally seeing 'my' Brighton associated with some of the biggest names in world football, even if it is for a few years!

Come on Albion!!!!!!

el punal

Trust the Albion to crank up the tension. Before the Palace game I thought that we would miss out on the play-offs, but have a comfortable end to the season finishing 7th and showing our intent for promotion next season.

But oh no! Let's make the fans sweat. Let's show them that we can play skilful, dominating football. Let's bang a few goals in for fun. Let's make everyone sit up and take notice that we are here, we have arrived, and we mean business!

So,please, now that you've teased us with your foreplay football will you satisfy me and all other Albion fans by reaching the climax at Wembley and winning!

Finally, on a scale of 1-10 probably 8 and, as in Spinal Tap, will increase to 11. :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I am SCARED and it is overwhelming my excitement. Where does that count on the scale?

I'm quite confident we can out-play anyone we come up against in the semi-finals (i.e. Palace or Bolton), but I can't get Swindon 2004 out of my head. Let's be honest - we absolutely MUGGED them after they were the better team in both legs. We could have that favour returned, and absolutely BATTER Palace... only to still lose to them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted we have made it - I'm definitely not of the "I'd rather not qualify than lose to Palace" mindset - but I can't escape the thought.

Somebody talk me out of it? Please?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
1 at the moment I think, which surprises me. I think I'm in shock still, I can't imagine what it would be like to win and go up. I'm fairly confident too, which worries me a little bit, as I know we're good enough to win them. I never thought we would win them in 2004. Strangely though I think I feel relaxed because I have the confidence that it's going to happen, we will go up, whether that is this year or in 5 years time. It doesn't feel quite so do or die. I imagine all of my thoughts and feelings will change a lot over the next few weeks though, such is the drama of the playoffs. I'll be excited in the days building up to the first game, will be impossible not to be.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
If you think the tension is unbearable at this point, just wait until after the first leg of the semi-final. And if we get through the second leg OK we've got TWO WEEKS to gibber, speculate and post spurious polls until the big day arrives. It will be RIDICULOUS.

Can't wait :lolol:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I've waited 30 years for the chance to mix it with the footballing aristocracy. Therefore, a good solid 6 right now but will mutate into a gibbering 10 once the final whistle goes on Saturday and we know the fixtures.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
To be honest, only about a THREE at the moment, which is odd, but I can feel a NINE bubbling up inside me, which will be ready to explode this time next week.

This, but I'm currently simmering at between a 4 and a 5.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
8. This will rise to a 10 after the game Saturday.

Actually thinking about the games makes me feel slightly sick with nerves already. There's loads of time now before the first game, and the hype and build up is going to go off the scale, which will just make me even more nervous. My coping strategy will be to get sozzled up for both games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here