Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] OMG!! Saints Fans Want Chris Hughton

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I think it is more likely he ends up with West Ham - there are connections there - and he would have some talent to work with. West Ham are leaking a lot of goals and he would sort that out very quickly

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I wouldn't wish the Saints job on a decent guy like Chris.

'Revolving door' doesn't begin to describe the managerial situation, the ownership is a mess, recruitment is dreadful - Yoshida/Stephens/Bednarek/Vestergaard to choose from in central defence? - and the youth system has completely dried up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What disrespectful shit.

Hughton got us into the Prem - almost as Champions. We played some brilliant stuff under his tenure. He got us up and he KEPT us up.

He ended his reign after was woeful form but he STILL kept us in the top flight. I'll always be grateful for what he did for our club and quite frankly he deserves way more respect.
???

Did you misread the post you replied to ?

It is advice to CH to go nowhere near Southampton.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Understandable why the fans want him, I like the man and wish him every success. I don't think he'll go there, but he would be a common sense appointment and I'd want to see him be successful. I don't think he would be able to, though, unless he spent big money on Shane Duffy to kick some heads at the back.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think this thread has been misinterpreted hugely?! More posts saying to respect CH than potential negative comments for sure...

Yes, I agree OP - don’t go there Chris it’s poison!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I wouldn't wish the Saints job on a decent guy like Chris.

'Revolving door' doesn't begin to describe the managerial situation, the ownership is a mess, recruitment is dreadful - Yoshida/Stephens/Bednarek/Vestergaard to choose from in central defence? - and the youth system has completely dried up.

This. And add in dick head fans too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Think this thread has been misinterpreted hugely?! More posts saying to respect CH than potential negative comments for sure...

Yes, I agree OP - don’t go there Chris it’s poison!

Well, it's all hypothetical but that's what I got out of the thread too. It's not people saying don't touch CH - it's people expressing that Saints would be an awful choice for him.

Absolute hiding to nothing TBF. Dreadful players at the back and not much going forward, apart from Ings, and Ward-Prowse from set pieces. At best he'd tighten up the defence by imposing a shape that protected the awful rearguard with the other players in the team and ground out draws and 1-0s. At worst he'd do that anyway, it wouldn't work and they'd go down. He'd start off in a worse position that he was in with us.

It's not often I agree with [MENTION=33329]Jolly Red Giant[/MENTION] but if there is a PL vacancy coming up that CH is suited to then it's definitely West Ham. .

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I said he'd struggle to get another PL job, after the 'style' of football he employed here for his last 6 months. Thunderbolt tells me he is probably not looking for a job, as he's near retirement age.

You heard it here first!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I said he'd struggle to get another PL job, after the 'style' of football he employed here for his last 6 months. Thunderbolt tells me he is probably not looking for a job, as he's near retirement age.

You heard it here first!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Code:

Not sure Thunderbolts sources are very reliable in this instance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here