OMG David Starkey is on Question Time again...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Or give that money straight to the poor who would have no intention of using it apart from short term betterment.

I do give money to 'the poor' and the money is used for long term "betterment."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Problem is people believe crap like that. There are very few people in politics that will openly say what is needed. K Clarke is one as is T Benn. You may not agree with them but they speak sense from their own standing. Many of these twobob politicians like the Labour and LIbdem ones last night have no conviction at all in their argument apart from trotting out their own party line all the time. That's what I find irritating. Lets have some proper debates between them and not point scoring. Stand up for your beliefs, your own ideas, not some party animals. Starkey has no allies or even friends but he does have a better understanding on how government should be working than some of these puppets.

He may have a better understanding but no one listens for the reasons I have given. Clarke and Benn engage people, and people will listen. I dont like Redwood but he came across very well and people listened to him. The panel and the audience we rolling their eyes and laughing most of the time Starkey was talking ( ranting).

Last edited:

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
The problem with people like Starkey, Kelvin MacKenzie and Littlejohn is that they act like utter pricks, regardless of any coherent message they have.

And it's nothing to do with which way you "lean" in politics. George Galloway is the same in that he (occasionally) may have something worthwhile to say, but ruins it by being a twat.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The problem with people like Starkey, Kelvin MacKenzie and Littlejohn is that they act like utter pricks, regardless of any coherent message they have.

And it's nothing to do with which way you "lean" in politics. George Galloway is the same in that he (occasionally) may have something worthwhile to say, but ruins it by being a twat.

I cant stand george galloway, but i LOVED the way he wiped the floor with that US Congressional committee.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I cant stand george galloway, but i LOVED the way he wiped the floor with that US Congressional committee.

I have mixed feelings towards Galloway but I think he has a brilliant mind and agree he was fantastic in front of the US.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I am detatching. I don't like Starkey, Littlejohn, Gaunt, Mackenzie for the very same reasons.

Mackenzie makes me want to smash my TV but I also get similar urges when Billy Bragg is on.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I don't support his politics but I think he's a very good speaker and I also like the fact he winds normal politicians up.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

Yeah, calling them out was ballsy...

Love him or hate him he is a great speaker, here's a reminder!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah, calling them out was ballsy...

Love him or hate him he is a great speaker, here's a reminder!!

I rarely say this but that makes me proud to be British. What a performance.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Its analogy that's been used many times and I'm afraid is generally true. If you had money to invest would you give it to someone who would turn that money into profit, employing people giving you more money to perhaps in time give the poorest more money. Or give that money straight to the poor who would have no intention of using it apart from short term betterment.

The state this country is in every penny counts. This government is not doing enough, by putting pressure on banks etc, to help people/companies to invest in their businesses and getting the private sector economy to grow. The whole process will happen through small business growth.

The poor don't eat the money do they, or burn it, or otherwise destroy it.

They spend it on goods, services, bills etc and that generates more revenue for the government in taxs etc.

Granted not as much as giving it to an entrepeneur might, but thats no reason not to give it to the poor in the first place.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Starkey is one of only a handful of personalities on QT you'd go out of your way to watch.

He's like Ollie Reed, George Best, Johnny Rotten and Shaun Ryder - guaranteed to offend. His views on women - particularly career women - are incredible. I thought at one point last night there might be a walk-off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Starkey is one of only a handful of personalities on QT you'd go out of your way to watch.

He's like Ollie Reed, George Best, Johnny Rotten and Shaun Ryder - guaranteed to offend. His views on women - particularly career women - are incredible. I thought at one point last night there might be a walk-off.

I disagree. Starkey stands out from that list as he comes across as a very bitter spiteful person who likes to belittle people and uses his intellect to do this. Was he bullied as a kid? He comes across as such. The others are not like this.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I know they're not like him, that wasn't my point. I'm saying what comes out of his mouth is guaranteed to offend a number of people, and it makes for great TV. Everybody on QT is in a comfort zone and it's good to see them have to handle a bit of provocation.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know they're not like him, that wasn't my point. I'm saying what comes out of his mouth is guaranteed to offend a number of people, and it makes for great TV. Everybody on QT is in a comfort zone and it's good to see them have to handle a bit of provocation.

But the panel were generally rolling their eyes and dismissing him and his thoughts. That's hardly great tv. He does not have any wit.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Speak for yourself, I nearly spat out my beer when he exploded after the comments about Russia / China sanctions from that geezer...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Speak for yourself, I nearly spat out my beer when he exploded after the comments about Russia / China sanctions from that geezer...

Bless.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm with Pav.

The bloke is a complete and utter cockknocker, but he is cuffing HILARIO to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports