Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Olympique de Marseille vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Rubbish, read the rules. It was the same phase of play , an onside player passing to an offside player who scores is still offside. Why do you think there was the controversy with the Villa goal on Sunday when the ball was played with a player offside. The goal stood because he not only didn't touch the ball but was deemed not to be interfering with play
But Fati wasn't offside when Welbeck should have passed to him.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Blimey. Albion in Europe really plays chaotic havoc in my GUTS.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Yes, yes they did(and I don't parlez francais!)
I did rely on Google Translate to help!

I was hoping for a decent turnaround after spilling red wine down my black and green top after our first goal...

Hope the rest of the evening goes REALLY well for all those lucky sods out there in Marseille, which is a lovely place - been there quite a few times.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Weirdly enough I feel a bit dissapointed as I feel like we would have won handedly if we hadn't had a complete stinker in the 1st half. It's an issue that needs looking at as we are far better in the 2nd halves of games than the 1st.

That said, to come back from 2-0 down in that atmosphere away from home is certainly something, particularly with the other game ending in a draw.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That’s irrelevant. It’s when Welbeck goes to pass that is the point when off-side would be looked at
Yes.

Rubbish, read the rules. It was the same phase of play
No.

Why do you think there was the controversy with the Villa goal on Sunday when the ball was played with a player offside. The goal stood because he not only didn't touch the ball but was deemed not to be interfering with play
:facepalm:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
With a little bit more composure we could/should have won this evening. That said, a good comeback and a point well earnt. Our group is wide open. An Ajax double-header next up.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Weirdly enough I feel a bit dissapointed as I feel like we would have won handedly if we hadn't had a complete stinker in the 1st half. It's an issue that needs looking at as we are far better in the 2nd halves of games than the 1st.

That said, to come back from 2-0 down in that atmosphere away from home is certainly something, particularly with the other game ending in a draw.
I'd prefer two good halves, but if we're only going to have one, I guess it's better to be the second...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Great fight back. Could so easily have been an embarrassing collapse. Hopefully we’ll get to grips with the rough and tumble of it now. Don’t think there’s anything to be scared of in terms of quality- just need to hit our top level. Ajax game will be a big night.

Don't......
Yeh - what's great about this group is that all 4 teams look dead level. It's who turns up. Thank god we did in the second half today. We need at least 3 massive performances now out of the 4 games

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Lamptey was a little fire cracker wasn’t he? - good to see Fati settling in to the side after the first few very ineffectual early appearances - Mitoma looks knackered imo - Dunk - even for him - made some real clangers but redeemed himself with flashes of indispensability- Steele again, caught too far off his line a few times and played loose with the ball occasionally when pressed in possession - couple of good saves though.

Dahoud ?- sorry just hasn’t impressed me at all so far - he looks slow and out of his depth - doesn’t seem to have read the memo yet.

Can’t say much about the rest other than a game of two halves - one sh1t, one gr8.

I really would liked to have seen Gilmour and Pedro both in the start though along with Fergie and Adringa to break into the final third which we really struggled with tonight in the first half but as has been said, RDZ picks his team according to schedule and fatigue issues - and Liverpool on Sunday will likely see another round of rotation 🤷🏻‍♂️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here