[Albion] Olympique de Marseille vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I genuinely don't get what Dahoud brings to this team. He's behind Gilmour and Baleba in my opinion and should definitely come off at half time for either of the above.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I couldn't even see him in the frame when Dahoud was getting made an absolute mug of on the left side.
That’s the way we play though? Our full backs are going to get caught up the pitch, difference is this season we have no real ball winners in midfield

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would say inside the ground the sound is deafening I can barely here myself think
. It’s the loudest ground I’ve ever been to by a mile. Very intimidating. We look shook. But had a reasonable last 15
Mate at the ground has just messaged me to say the same

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Think we’ll score three goals in second half.
7-3 to Marseille then?

I think we’ll score but as always we will open the game up too much and end up being hammered, that’s one thing that slightly concerns me is how when we go a couple down we just go under, all fun and games until it erodes confidence, losing 6-1 damages the team a lot more than 2-0

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Mitoma cannot defend. Every time he's letting his runner go and not tracking him. Was the same at villa
Yes, and teams have worked this out, not helped by a far too casual Dahoud on that side of midfield too.
We need to sort that quickly.
Get Baleba on to assist when out of possession.
We are so weak out of possession. At present.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Ok deep breath, we kept the score down to 0-2 and actually had three presentable chances at the end forcing the keeper into a decent save.

However we have to start winning challenges and actually hold on to the ball. This is our big problem. Baleba is the most physical player we have I'd expect to see him and maybe Gilmour on from the start. Ferguson (if he really is up to it) to replace Welbeck.

A few glimmers of hope at the end of the half but in all honesty we'll need more than two goals to get something out of this I fear.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
That’s the way we play though? Our full backs are going to get caught up the pitch, difference is this season we have no real ball winners in midfield
Well yeah, not playing someone that's just going to shield the defence and win the ball is absolutely nuts, especially when you end up with sodding Dahoud having to go back and cover.

Oh well, things can only get better. Right?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The way RDZ plays he NEEDS a physical midfield able to cover large distances, remember how many times last season we saw Moises galloping back and regaining the ball, can’t remember any of our midfielders doing that once this season?

Gross
Gilmour
Dahoud
Hilshelwood
Lallana

All technical players, very little physicality and strength
Yep if only we had a more physical ball winning midfielder on our books maybe even one who had played in the French top division now wouldn’t that be something. Instead we have the 2023 version of Davy Propper in midfield.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
This is where Baleba becomes a new cult hero, comes on, sets up two goals and WBG gets the winner. Or, anyone else scores goals.....own, wonder or other!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports