[Albion] Olympique de Marseille vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Mitoma cannot defend. Every time he's letting his runner go and not tracking him. Was the same at villa

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's not wrong is he?

1696527403572.png

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We are so weak in midfield without Caicedo. Need some physicality. Gilmour will be better than Dahoud. Baleba will at least get stuck in.
March looked ok for the last 15 minutes.
We have to understand that teams are going to get stuck into us and compete. When we finally woke up we created chances. Need to take them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All the goals we concede are the same, ball played down the side and squared back to players, Villa was the same, so much space down the sides.
Mitoma is not good defensively. Been off colour the last few games he’s started.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
They look vulnerable in defence but we spent the first 30 minutes fancying about from the back. The few times we've gone forward we've created some good chances.

As much as I have faith in our approach, we need to learn how to mix it up, if we played a bit more direct and with some urgency we'd be causing more problems and probably have scored.

A tactical mess in the first half IMO

Whilst the chances at the end were encouraging we've given the ball away all game and lost the physical battle.

We've not played well since beating Man U and continued that form in to today.

Need a tempo increase 2nd half and somehow get the passing confidence back or we'll lose by 3 or 4.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
If Welbeck had passed...didn't Fati come back from an offside position? Not certain on the rule here.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
14-1 to win... we did look better 2nd half and their defence looks ropey

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He has, is and always will be a below PL standard shot stopper. The stats show it, watching him shows it and multiple goals he concedes show it.
Fair enough, but why are people whinging about him on this thread? He's really not been the issue has he?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Poor at the back, no middle, poor up front. Shit set pieces as per usual.
I am sure teams playing us say phew, they have a corner, good chance for us.
Even when are first to the ball it goes sailing over the bar.
We need a corner coach with some imagination rather than right hand up and thump it anywhere on the area. 90% win by defence.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I can't work out what is wrong. I hope RDZ can at half time.
Would say inside the ground the sound is deafening I can barely here myself think
. It’s the loudest ground I’ve ever been to by a mile. Very intimidating. We look shook. But had a reasonable last 15

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports