Olympic Ticket Watch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
i know, i 100% applied for tickets just tried to call them, there to busy to take my call blah blah blah please call again later

Did you definitely get an email inviting you to reapply? Don't forget, if you got any tickets last round you probably won't be able to buy any this time.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Did you definitely get an email inviting you to reapply? Don't forget, if you got any tickets last round you probably won't be able to buy any this time.
Nope have not go an email, i applied befor and was unsuccessful.
You have applied and been unsuccessful before?....... only available to second chance applicants that were unsuccessful in first round. Think it says unavailable to all others.

100% applied for Archery befor

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Managed to apply for Hockey Handball and football semi @ Wembley. took a few attempts but got there in the end, but fingers crossed till I get acknowledgement!

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
Mrs SNG and myself both had applications accepted including athletics and handball. She received 1 email confirmation and I received 2 email confirmations with the same reference number, hope that's just a cock up on their part and I don't end up with 2 sets of athletics tickets at £195 a time!!

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Was going to apply for the Canoe sprint finals but the category B tickets shown as available on the pdf were not there, only the £95 Category A tickets, that was too much for a two hour event.

I didn't realise you could only apply for three events, maybe they should have done that in the first batch of applications then, as a lot of people would apply for the main athletic events, there would have been much more availability for the rest of the events.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Semi at wembley for me - just the £45 and £60 tix left now.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
My account says it's all submitted but no confirmation email. Oh well, I guess that's all I can do. Hard to tell but my original payment couldve been taken just after 6!

Bit of a shambles.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
An additional 1.2m tickets to go on sale next year (including 8,000 for the mens 100m final).
I'm sorry but why not make those available in the 1st round of tickets?

galebs

Jan 28, 2008
Bexhill
Mrs SNG and myself both had applications accepted including athletics and handball. She received 1 email confirmation and I received 2 email confirmations with the same reference number, hope that's just a cock up on their part and I don't end up with 2 sets of athletics tickets at £195 a time!!

If you do SNG i would be very interested in taking them off your hands especially if they are for the 7th of Aug . So dont worry, all the best Galebs

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've applied for the mens football semi final at Wembley.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've applied for the mens football semi final at Wembley.

I was successful in applying for (proper) volleyball tickets, then applied for the football semi-final, but no confirmation for the latter.

Very confusing.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I was successful in applying for (proper) volleyball tickets, then applied for the football semi-final, but no confirmation for the latter.

Very confusing.

It's a very confusing system. The degree of difficulty is such that you should get an Olympic medal just for finishing the damn thing.

Just out of interest, does anyone know what kind of ticketing system was used for the 2008 Games in Beijing? Did they have all this performance to contend with as well?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Just out of interest, does anyone know what kind of ticketing system was used for the 2008 Games in Beijing? Did they have all this performance to contend with as well?

The venues were half empty - remember all the 'fans' in the yellow adidas tracksuit tops? they were paid to watch the events and make the arenas look full.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I believe this is a new systems and way of selling the tickets - and a sham. This morning they were reporting on the BBC that its not even fully automated it requires human intevention to send out the emails which they are doing in batches - unbeliveable.

I suspect a lot of the ticket in this round will find their way into the touts hands, I am so disappointed with this fiasco I have given up and will not be bothering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports