Olympic Ticket Watch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
3 tickets for the womens 800m freestyle which should see Adlington and Jackson competing for Gold. Nothing else but then I did only apply for one other event. 50% aint bad.

50% is very good, especially considering you'll get to see those two. Brilliant news for you!

I got 6 out of the 20 pairs I applied for, mostly preliminaries but did hit gold with some athletics and the women's basketball final. Didn't get either football final, which surprised me.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
4 for mens volleyball (Blue Flag ones for kids)
4 for mens water polo (same as above)

It's okay, at least we're going and one of them is in the Olympic Park itself. I think the kids will enjoy those events.

Generally I applied for a lot of those blue flag ones, and they were clearly very oversubscribed, can't be many tickets in thos categories.

I'll have another go in my name in Friday, these were in my wife's. Be nice to get a pair of tickets for the athletics (which would probably mean endless family rows), might try for some basketball and archery/fencing too.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
4 I'll have another go in my name in Friday, these were in my wife's. Be nice to get a pair of tickets for the athletics (which would probably mean endless family rows), might try for some basketball and archery/fencing too.

Oh good competition from the I'm alright gang, the system gets fairer and fairer

3 tickets for the womens 800m freestyle which should see Adlington and Jackson competing for Gold. Nothing else but then I did only apply for one other event. 50% aint bad.

50% is bloody amazing! I got 0% of the 7 events I applied for, and my friend applied for 12 and similarly got none. In fact I only know two people that got tickets for anything, and one of them got football tickets.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Oh good competition from the I'm alright gang, the system gets fairer and fairer

Sorry, did you think it would be just you applying on Friday? There are loads of familes/couples for whom one or both got nothing and will have another go. That's what it's for. I don't think people who got two minor events and spent just £130 are the real problem for you, there are much bigger villains in the piece, when you consider those that got thousands, and all the tickets that we never even got a sniff at.

I don't think it was a very good system either, in fact it has made FIFA's own World Cup ballots look good, and that takes some doing, but f*cked up as it is, the rules permit another go for anyone who got nothing, and since that is me, that is what I'll be doing. If it's okay with you, that is.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sorry, did you think it would be just you applying on Friday? There are loads of familes/couples for whom one or both got nothing and will have another go. That's what it's for. I don't think people who got two minor events and spent just £130 are the real problem for you, there are much bigger villains in the piece, when you consider those that got thousands, and all the tickets that we never even got a sniff at.

I don't think it was a very good system either, in fact it has made FIFA's own World Cup ballots look good, and that takes some doing, but f*cked up as it is, the rules permit another go for anyone who got nothing, and since that is me, that is what I'll be doing. If it's okay with you, that is.

No of course I didnt think it would just be me that gets online at 6am for the few (non football) tickets that's left, BUT for people who where already lucky enough to be able to take their family to an once in a lifetime event to then try and take more tickets away from those who didn't have the same luck in the first round, to be quite honest, is selfish.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Im a bit pissed of really i applied for Archery only and didnt get any, then found that archery tickets are open in this ballet again, its a joke. Il apply for them, my partner shoots for a club so she really wants to go along.

Im a bit pissed of really i applied for Archery only and didnt get any, then found that archery tickets are open in this ballet again, its a joke. Il apply for them, my partner shoots for a club so she really wants to go along.

Is the specific session/ticket band that you applied for available? If so I'd agree that it's a farce, but I've not heard any reports to that effect.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Well, at least we got something from our two applications totalling £7000+

31 May 2011 POS2856 27MAY11, http://WWW.TICKETS.LONDON2012 , LONDON GB - 116.00
31 May 2011 POS0300 27MAY11, http://WWW.TICKETS.LONDON2012 , LONDON GB - 386.00

now we have to wait and see what it is... but looks like table tennis, BMX or maybe equestrian if we are lucky.

Applied for £4785 / 49 tickets... and got two £55 BMX qualifiers tickets :( and not even a shot at the few decent ones available in the second helpings.

Mrs T applied for £3160 / 26 tickets... and got four £85 equestrian ticket.

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No of course I didnt think it would just be me that gets online at 6am for the few (non football) tickets that's left, BUT for people who where already lucky enough to be able to take their family to an once in a lifetime event to then try and take more tickets away from those who didn't have the same luck in the first round, to be quite honest, is selfish.

You are entitled to that slightly silly view, but I imagine many hundreds of thousands of people will be doing the same. Perhaps like you I spent hours over the initial application and got relatively f**k all, and none of the ones we really wanted, including the athletics, and while there are tickets left for that at a price I can afford (and that won't be the whole family at £95 per head), and I am entitled to, in fact being encouraged to, then I'll be applying for them.

Despite your view (you'd think my family were in possession of dozens of tickets for the mens 100m final), I hope you get something, I agree it is once in a lifetime stuff, and more people should have got at least something. I bet that there will be plenty of people applying on Friday who got nothing initially, but end up with MORE than those who got very small ticket allocations in the first ballot.

I agree it is once in a lifetime stuff, and more people should have got at least something. I bet that there will be plenty of people applying on Friday who got nothing initially, but end up with MORE than those who got very small ticket allocations in the first ballot.

This is the problem, and their biggest balls up, IMO. They should have only allowed each entrant ONE successful ballot application (obviously if they have applied for additional tickets which aren't oversubscribed then they can have those as well), and this second phase should be limited to ONE event per applicant, to ensure that as many different people as possible were able to see the Games.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Well, I'm a happy bunny. Got a ticket for the Olympic Stadium! Will get to see the finals of the women's 100m, the men's 10,000m, the men's long jump and the women's heptathlon and discus. Bloody ace!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is anyone who didn't get a ticket able to log into their account now? Mine and my wife's won't let us in?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Heard a bloke moaning to his mate on the train the other night that he'd applied for loads of tickets and his only successful application had been for the trampolining :lol:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm just planning what I want to go for in the morning. I have to say that it irks me a bit that people are able to apply on effectively a second account when they already have tickets. I'm not aiming that at anyone in this thread, and I'm not saying I would do any different. Nevertheless, it is more than a tad unfair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports