Olympic Ticket Watch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Nothing for me.

I'm not at all surprised I didn't get cycling or athletics but I did expect either archery or equestian surely they were not over subscribed

Last edited:

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Likewise nothing for me either. Athletics, rowing and cycling needed a bit of luck but thought I'd have got tickets for boxing and handball oh well.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Pretty sure that means the only thing we got was...

Sport: Rowing
Session code: RO008
Date/time: 04 August 2012 09:30-12:50
Venue: Eton Dorney, Buckinghamshire
Price Category: D
Quantity: 4
Total cost: £120.00

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Pretty sure that means the only thing we got was...

Sport: Rowing
Session code: RO008
Date/time: 04 August 2012 09:30-12:50
Venue: Eton Dorney, Buckinghamshire
Price Category: D
Quantity: 4
Total cost: £120.00

...although I guess they're not too bad since that the day of the mens 4s final. Only 1 event though - time to get onto the Germany/Denmark sites.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
was hopeful when I saw my account had dropped £600 but was mortgage, so looks like I've got nothing.
Just bought two tiks from Bozza's website, though they do charge a hefty handling charge but fingers crossed.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Hmm, can't seem to buy through that site;

Please Note: We are currently completing our initial ticket allocation and as a result we are not accepting further ticket requests for London 2012 Olympic Games tickets until this process is complete. If you would like to be kept informed about when our London 2012 Olympic Games ticket request system will be open again, please fill out our enquiry form or follow us Twitter.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You can legitimately buy from Denmark's ticket allocation here again now - they're reopened their shop - some decent athletics and diving events available it seems
London 2012 Ticket Request Tool | Sportsworld

"Please Note: We are currently completing our initial ticket allocation and as a result we are not accepting further ticket requests for London 2012 Olympic Games tickets until this process is complete. If you would like to be kept informed about when our London 2012 Olympic Games ticket request system will be open again, please fill out our enquiry form or follow us ."

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry chaps - I got on and ordered some athletics finals tickets that were showing as 'available'. That message indicates I won't actually get them.

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
Sum total of sod all from £500 as well - does seem a little odd as I didnt think badminton would be packed to the rafters (the whole 500 quid wasnt on badminton but that was the banker to make sure we saw something)

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Right not gonna read all this but out of interest did ANYONE who played the game "honestly" so to speak (i.e. only applied for a couple of tickets for one or two events - £50-£150 which if they were on general sale they'd have gone for) get lucky? Seems to me the only people who've been successful applied for have got 1/3 of the £500+ they went for...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Right not gonna read all this but out of interest did ANYONE who played the game "honestly" so to speak (i.e. only applied for a couple of tickets for one or two events - £50-£150 which if they were on general sale they'd have gone for) get lucky? Seems to me the only people who've been successful applied for have got 1/3 of the £500+ they went for...

£126 / £3500 is some way short of your third.

(And we did play 'honestly' - we'd have made the Olympics our holiday next year)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I suspect what we will find out, in due course when the 2nd round sale happens, is that low level pricing tickets for a lot of low-key events have gone, leaving some ridiculously-over-priced ones left for those who want to try and just see something.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house

Applied for £1500ish in total - mainly velodrome, 1 athletics session, 1 swimming session, 1 BMX and both ceremonies (2 tickets for everything). Had £46 taken yesterday.

I class this as completely honest as they were mostly £20-£50 with some higher price cycling tickets applied for too, and I can actually explain a Points Race and Madison. I could even have a fair crack at explaining the Omnium! I also didn't 'double-book' anything.

Not sure what I'll be seeing, but there's some free stuff I'll be at anyway (Cycling road race, Time Trial, Triathlon and Marathon).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports