Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic Ticket Watch

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Still nout for me from about £700. Alot of them were for random morning sessions for handball, beach volleyball etc. so would be surprised and disappointed if I didn't get any :(

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Person at work has seemingly bought tickets for the events and sessions he wanted from that German website. Seems like the UK system has been a complete joke in terms of satisfying customers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Person at work has seemingly bought tickets for the events and sessions he wanted from that German website. Seems like the UK system has been a complete joke in terms of satisfying customers.

Then what he 'wanted' wouldn't have been any of the sought after events and sessions - I perused the overseas sites some time back and they had nothing that is likely to be in high demand. For example I don't think there were any athletics, swimming or velodrome cycling.

But, you can certainly snap up enough different things to give yourself a good spread of events, enabling you to plan a lot better than has been the case with the ballot system.

Last edited:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
so where have all the tickets gone? people seem to get about 10-25% worth of what they have applied for

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There will be stuff to watch, whether you have tickets or not.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Apparently we only ever stood a microscopic chance for athletics, swimming, indoor cycling, & the ceremonies.

For example some UK plc's got masses of staff to order on their VISA cards, for the companies to then reimburse the successful staff, and grab the tickets for the top staff to 'entertain' in 2012.

Diluting the chance of single punters even more so.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Feeling very disappointed. Guess it's second stage for me then, hope there's something good left.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
All payments should have been taken as of now. Nothing for me :(

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Was feeling very disappointed earlier - but just had £310 whizzed out of my account (which is about 10% of what I applied for).

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Nothing. Very disappointed. We have bloody paid for it all to be built only for the fat cats and corporates to nick all the seats.

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE
Just been doing some internet research on this and on the guardian website there is a similar thing to this with everyone saying how much they applied for and how much they got. Most people seem to be getting about 25% of their tickets.
However, the opinion seems to be that LOCOG have only taken the money from the events that required a ballot (i.e the popular events), so the events that weren't oversubscribed have not been accounted for yet. Not sure why they'd do this but its given me a bit more hope!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
60 quid from my account which is about a 30% success. 2 adult, 2 kids cheap seats.
My means of deduction it'll be cycling at velodrome (unlikely) or greco-roman wrestling at ExCel (likely)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here